First Name
Mathanael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Chevy Cruze, 2020 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
makes me feel amateurish but its just impossible in this car. Also my last car shifted so much smoother maybe i just have to get used to the car. It's a 2020
Sponsored

Honda_RacerX

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
youll be able to do it eventually. i couldnt at first either cause the gas and brake pedals are so far apart both side to side and forward and back.

after owning the car for over a year i can do it pretty easily now.

Honda_RacerX

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
The pedal spacing is terrible stock. Its not your fault. I suggest the acuity pedal spacer to fix your issue.
i tried the acuity spacer and it made it worse for me. it makes the gas pedals protrude too far towards the drive and as a result made my ankle hurt.

i did adjust the brake pedal back a little but though only like a cm but it still helped.

Maroco

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda civic lx 2020 civic si
Country flag
Just tossing out ideas. Gotta find the one that works for you. There are 2 or 3 different brands offering relocation brackets for our gas pedals. Id shop around and see which ,if any, seem like a viable solution for you!

zhendexing

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
i tried the acuity spacer and it made it worse for me. it makes the gas pedals protrude too far towards the drive and as a result made my ankle hurt.

i did adjust the brake pedal back a little but though only like a cm but it still helped.
What about Position C?
I personally use location C as well and it’s perfect.

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
I've been using location C and it's an excellent placement for ergonomics and driving comfort for me, but it didn't make heel toe any easier.

I may try A or B and see if it improves.

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
The problem IMHO is that Honda engineered a lot of travel into the brake pedal. During corner entry under hard braking, it seems to be fine. But under any other scenario, the brake pedal protrudes just far enough to make heel/toe feel awkward.

Maroco

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda civic lx 2020 civic si
Country flag
The problem IMHO is that Honda engineered a lot of travel into the brake pedal. During corner entry under hard braking, it seems to be fine. But under any other scenario, the brake pedal protrudes just far enough to make heel/toe feel awkward.
Mine is opposite. There is basically no travel in my brake pedal. I feel like id be locking up the brakes if i pushed any harder than a few cm. If there was more travel i feel like it would be easier to get my foot level with the gas more making heel toe easier.

Yonder

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Last edited:

cammyfive

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road 6MT
Country flag
I'm almost embarrassed to say that I tried this the first day driving my car home and completely missed the gas pedal with my heel. I'm 5'10" and the pedal placement is far from ideal for heel-toe, I've been doing it in every manual I've owned from 20+ years and this is the hardest one to do naturally for me.

pinhead66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan, 2018 Odyssey EX-L
Country flag
Get the Acuity spacer... not ideal for my needs but much better than stock. I use position B, didnt like C. As satisfying as doing a heel toe downshift correctly yourself is I still wish the Si had auto downshift revmatch like the CTR does.

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
Consider the Perrin relocation bracket as well. It requires trimming a mounting bolt, but it might provide a better heel-toe position than the Acuity.

Chief lazy leaf

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic SI, 2001 mr2 spyder, 1982 Toyota coroll
Country flag
I can get it under hard breaking no problem. Dont need it for anything else really. It is a pain at first. Ended up not buying the pedal spacer since I seen so many people not like it.
Sponsored