I just bought 2020 Honda type r, drove it home to dealer, my paint is ruined on flare kit only around car!!!!!!!

civic model x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Also reading through, I had exact issues as OP. Car only had 35 miles when I brought it back for complaint. The spots were embedded into the paint. Simple green, wet sand, rubbing compound, etc would not work. Dealer tried as well. They ended up having to replace the parts. I also thought it was the tire shine they used but they said if that was the case all their cars would probably had the issue. They considered it a paint defect. Hopeful for OP on your next type r.
Sponsored

OP
OP
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic type R
Country flag
I had same issue spots all over only on the plastic parts not the metal parts when I bought my car new. I tried exactly everything you did as well. My dealer replaced all parts. They at first wanted a repaint. I told them I wanted a manager. Third car purchased from them and it wasn’t right I wanted new parts. So they did replace everything although they had my car for several days. They made it right and have been driving my car with no issues for 52000 miles ??
3C842FD2-0DA5-4C73-8CB2-D020783A57A8.jpeg
I hope I don’t have a issue with the new car, maybe I wait for the limited type R

Siqc Cafe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring, 2000 Celica GT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
We could also look at is as -
He got to rent a Type R for $1000 because obviously some miles were put on it. And wet sand, clay bar, scrub etc.. Lol

It's a win win. Dealer will repaint and sell back. New owner will never know.

My Touring had iron spots on it ??‍♂

Good luck with the new R you get

OP
OP
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic type R
Country flag
He got to rent a Type R for $1000 because obviously some miles were put on it. And wet sand, clay bar, scrub etc.. Lol

Believe it or not that’s exactly what I tthoughtin my mind . but I wasn’t letting them give me a brand new car that had to be painted. I know that you had to take the front bumper off the back bumper and the two side flares on the bottom of the doors

BryanCO

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP CTR, 2007 GT3, 1993 Miata
Country flag
Yeah I would have taken the 1500 and let them paint the trim. Its only trim, there would have been no devalue and like others have said the cars gonna get chipped up anyway. My R took lots of hits. And besides if your luck is anything like mine. You will go through all this and then on way home with new R run through some road paint and be back where you started.

To the ones saying the dealer gave him a fair offer... so the dealer messed up his car, wasted his time and then also kept 1000.00 of his money to buy it back. On no planet is that a fair offer. We screwed up your car and you are gonna pay us for doing it. The are gonna slap 300 worth of cheap paint on it and sell it for full price again.
UM this is no different then if I bought a new say PlayStation from Walmart then it was screwed up by their cashier , say she dropped it, then Walmart said well we wont give you your money back even though we dropped it but you can pay us 200 more and we will give you another one. It is not a good deal say what ya want. Some one is not gonna mess up my car and then make me pay them for doing it. Plus I was referring to the people who said the deal he took was fair not the choice of deals. so...
Fix it (repaint) and $1500 was a very fair offer. I, like you, would have taken this offer (or sought replacement parts). While I don't think the issue was 'big' enough for me to want to return the car, if that was my only acceptable outcome, I would have negotiated (easy for me to say this) for a full refund.

And this is not like dropping an electronic device, unless your example is that there was a scratch on the case and no other damage and Walmart was going to give me a discount. Oh, wait, that's what Best Buy does all the time with their open box sales.

BryanCO

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Also reading through, I had exact issues as OP. Car only had 35 miles when I brought it back for complaint. The spots were embedded into the paint. Simple green, wet sand, rubbing compound, etc would not work. Dealer tried as well. They ended up having to replace the parts. I also thought it was the tire shine they used but they said if that was the case all their cars would probably had the issue. They considered it a paint defect. Hopeful for OP on your next type r.
If was a paint defect, it would be warranted through Honda.

BryanCO

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

$2/mile. Wish I could get someone to drive mine for 17.5k miles and pay me that rate...

OP
OP
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic type R
Country flag
$2/mile. Wish I could get someone to drive mine for 17.5k miles and pay me that rate...
I was happy to test drive first for 400 miles, I like it so much I will be buying another one, wuss I can buy a limited edition

OP
OP
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic type R
Country flag
Any good advice for putting mods on my civic for 100 more useable horsepower, because traction control is a problem when you add an extra hundred horsepower, I’m in northeast US , any recommend place for mods install???

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
Any good advice for putting mods on my civic for 100 more useable horsepower, because traction control is a problem when you add an extra hundred horsepower, I’m in northeast US , any recommend place for mods install???
For traction issues, there's no real way around it. Learn throttle control or let the car do throttle control using something like Hondata's traction control.

BryanCO

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I was happy to test drive first for 400 miles, I like it so much I will be buying another one, wuss I can buy a limited edition
I'm not trying to second guess your decision (you have to be conformable with decision/situation/car), rather that dropping $1000 to test drive a car that you had purchased make zero financial sense. If you were undecided on the CTR and wanted an extended test drive prior to scratching out the check for the car, then it might make sense.

Anyway, happy hunting for your next CTR.

OP
OP
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic type R
Country flag
For traction issues, there's no real way around it. Learn throttle control or let the car do throttle control using something like Hondata's traction control.
I'm not trying to second guess your decision (you have to be conformable with decision/situation/car), rather that dropping $1000 to test drive a car that you had purchased make zero financial sense. If you were undecided on the CTR and wanted an extended test drive prior to scratching out the check for the car, then it might make sense.

Anyway, happy hunting for your next CTR.

OP
OP
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic type R
Country flag
I have few other cars 2019 Porsche gt3 rs, 2009 gt500 super snake, 2009 gt500 427 pace car, 2019 Dodge Ram Laramie I very happy with the Honda Civic, Type R
I just wouldn’t be happy if it was painted from dealership , plus I offered the $1000 to dealer just so I can not have the brand new type R painted, factory paint usually last a long time, the color might change over time, may not match , hope the new car has no issues.

BryanCO

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I have few other cars 2019 Porsche gt3 rs, 2009 gt500 super snake, 2009 gt500 427 pace car, 2019 Dodge Ram Laramie I very happy with the Honda Civic, Type R
I just wouldn’t be happy if it was painted from dealership , plus I offered the $1000 to dealer just so I can not have the brand new type R painted, factory paint usually last a long time, the color might change over time, may not match , hope the new car has no issues.
Like I said, do what makes you happy.

Nice lineup.

Dpack

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag