I installed the ACT (Advanced Clutch Technology) clutch kit myself...

geeeek

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Civic Hatch Sport 6MT
Country flag
So just to reiterate, the single mass flywheel reduced nvh? I remember sitting in a modded rsx with all 3 mounts least year and it felt way smoother than my car with rmm only. I thought might be a matter of fw weight since the type S come stock with ~16lbs but didn't figure it was a smf vs dmf thing

OP
OP
JT Si

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
So just to reiterate, the single mass flywheel reduced nvh? I remember sitting in a modded rsx with all 3 mounts least year and it felt way smoother than my car with rmm only. I thought might be a matter of fw weight since the type S come stock with ~16lbs but didn't figure it was a smf vs dmf thing
The entire swap reduced most NVH that I disliked after installing the 27Won RMM. It used to be almost unbearably loud driving around normally if it was cold enough, i.e. under 50F. Now normal driving is a piece of cake. It's still pretty loud at WOT or high RPM but the sound is more enjoyable.

It may well be a combination of the lighter flywheel (17 lbs for ACT streetlite vs. 31? For OEM) and the removal of the sprung dual mass.

EdwarDallas

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
Which clutch/flywheel is this?

EdwarDallas

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
OP
OP
JT Si

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
Thank you. I have the 27won RMM too. If this will help reduce NVH and improve the driving experience that is great!
Putting around town is so much more enjoyable again, in part because I can listen to music again. Also cruising at highway and freeway speeds is quieter.

My girlfriend never wanted to ride in my car for a longer trip, like the two hour drive to the coast but now she says it's quieter enough she will let me drive :spaz:

When I gave it the beans and revved it out it's still loud, but that's expected I think.

Jeffers

First Name
Jeffers
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe purchased on 11-24-19
Country flag

Shadowfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic hatchback sport manual
Country flag
Where did you buy the honda crank pulley tool? I ended up using torque sticks because I couldn't find one that would fit Honda's flywheel. I need to do my clutch again and I would really like it if I didn't have to you the torque sticks again.

OP
OP
JT Si

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
Where did you buy the honda crank pulley tool? I ended up using torque sticks because I couldn't find one that would fit Honda's flywheel. I need to do my clutch again and I would really like it if I didn't have to you the torque sticks again.
Bought it on Amazon. 50mm Honda/Acura crank pulley tool.

OP
OP
JT Si

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
I think I blew the damping diaphragm on the OEM master cylinder.

I'll post an update after I swap in the Sirimoto N1 and disassemble the OEM to confirm.

OP
OP
JT Si

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
Update in the OP.

From my other thread:

It wasn't the clutch. I just got the Sirimoto N1 master cylinder running. I had to swap the OEM threaded rod on and I had some problems bleeding it.

Now that it's working, I was able to test it out. The sponginess is gone. The clutch is grabbing. Even hitting 4th gear at 3500 RPM in map 3 hitting 25/26 pounds of boost no sign of slipping.

As far as I can tell the N1 solved the lockout issue. I was able to WOT in map 3 to redline in first, shift with no resistance, WOT to redline in second, and shift again with no resistance.

I believe all the issues were due to the OEM master cylinder and they are all corrected now.

I think the ACT kit has been nothing but awesome and has handled all my adjustment issues without a hitch.

https://www.civicx.com/threads/some...clutch-help-me-hypothesize.46497/#post-764969

Last edited:
OP
OP
JT Si

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
I found out this morning that the Sirimoto N1 with OEM pushrod swap, when adjusted for the ACT clutch kit, takes the clutch pedal out of the correct movement range to allow for cruise control to activate.

I checked in the service manual and there appears to be no procedure for re-calibrating the clutch pedal stroke sensor, which controls cruise control and brake hold. Only calibration procedure is for the clutch pedal sensor, which is only used for checking the pedal is fully depressed before starting the vehicle.

I am very unhappy with the N1. The quality is there, but their decisions to alter the design specification from OEM specification is confusing and unwarranted. Do not buy.

N1 review here: https://www.civicx.com/threads/siri...inder-review-with-act-hc10-hdss-clutch.46698/

Last edited:

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I found out this morning that the Sirimoto N1 with OEM pushrod swap, when adjusted for the ACT clutch kit, takes the clutch pedal out of the correct movement range to allow for cruise control to activate.

I checked in the service manual and there appears to be no procedure for re-calibrating the clutch pedal stroke sensor, which controls cruise control and brake hold. Only calibration procedure is for the clutch pedal sensor, which is only used for checking the pedal is fully depressed before starting the vehicle.

I am very unhappy with the N1. The quality is there, but their decisions to alter the design specification from OEM specification is confusing and unwarranted. Do not buy.

N1 review here: https://www.civicx.com/threads/siri...inder-review-with-act-hc10-hdss-clutch.46698/
Lol bruh I told you to just get Eman’s CMC. Also try this not the check pedal adjustment part but the sensor adjustment part
Sponsored