First Name
Tee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Hatch & 2018 Civic EX
Country flag
yes its bent...just a little
Damn! I was lucky enough they didn’t need to do any body work. I just got mine back from the shop and now always worried about these stupid animals. I hope your shop does a good job for you. Check everything over before driving away. I had to return twice after finding things they didn’t fix

hfpdohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hatch 2017 M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Damn! I was lucky enough they didn’t need to do any body work. I just got mine back from the shop and now always worried about these stupid animals. I hope your shop does a good job for you. Check everything over before driving away. I had to return twice after finding things they didn’t fix
yes i will...i ask them to put back a front lip since i had one..even if it was aftermarket...lol

Swordfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
It was actually smart of you to not avoid the Raccoons, if you had ended up in the ditch your Insurance company would have argued that you made it an 'avoidable collision' and not paid out. My agent always tells me to take the deer not the ditch.
Unless the animal is massive such as a deer, I wouldn't swerve out of the way. I know a guy about 15 years ago who was driving his car and swerved out of the way significantly to avoid hitting a rabbit. He ended up losing control of his car and wound up going down an embankment where his car rolled over 4 times. It is a good thing this was pre-Tesla glass roof days and it wasn't a convertible or else he probably would have died. He was a bit banged up but fortunately overall ok.

After that story, unless I am driving super slow or the animal is large enough to cause potential injury, I just hit it and worry about it later. I'd rather have some car damage vs. swerving into the opposite lane of traffic. If you have a pick up truck, hitting a deer may be OK, but if you have a small sedan the deer could potentially cause injury depending on how big it is.

Merilious

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Damn, that's a lot more damage than when I hit a racoon. I just needed a new bumper skin and mesh grille.

Dresheld

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prado 2015
Country flag
I'm willing to kill raccoon intruders, but I wouldn’t go so far as to eat them. Are they really that tasty? On the one hand, they look so cute, but on the other, they really know how to f*ck a pantry up. Not to mention chewing on the goddamn electrical wiring. Been dealing with this for over a month. I don't have a gun, and I’m no trapper. Guess I’ll give the guys over at houston.aaacwildliferemoval.com/raccoon-removal/ a ring, since this is becoming unbearable. Hey, maybe they know a thing or two about raccoon stew :D.

Last edited:

redcoats1976

First Name
jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic coupe,2015 camaro RS
Country flag
wow,they dont make them like they used to.hit an armadillo going 55 in my old 1993 del sol.sounded like it took the whole front end off,but all it did was scratch a little paint low on the bumper.

OP
OP
XxTeexX

XxTeexX

First Name
Tee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Hatch & 2018 Civic EX
Country flag
They will generally fuck off if you clobber

You got lucky, there fella.
I creamed a huge raccoon with the wife’s CR-V.
No damage.
We could hear it rolling along under the car and the the thump and bounce as it went under the one rear tire.
I cringe to think of the carnage that would have ensued if we were in my Civic that night as I clipped it dead center on the vehicle.
Having an suv or truck is a blessing when you hit these stupid raccoons lol! Now my civic which only has about 4 inches of clearance it’s game over as you saw above! Never thought I had to keep an eye out for those things.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I mean Canada but goddamn. I swiped the corner of a car in front of me which blasted the bumper, headlight, and fender along with a bunch of stuff inside inclduing full engine harness and it was only around $13k US.
Sponsored