I have to put my car in storage for the winter (yes, already)

Ultrafrozen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gavnzdad
Where do you even find no ethanol fuel in america?
OP is in Quebec, there are many gas stations in the Canadian part of North America that sell pure gas, you just have to look for them. A lot of marinas and gas stations that cater to snowmobilers in winter sell pure gas due to the ethanol crap problems. It's the owner's choice to sell ethanol free and the customer's right to gas up where he/she wants.

OP
OP
flabbergeister
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX 4D Canadian Model
Country flag
I bring back that thread from the dephts:

I'm coming south to visit during christmas break. Since the car is already hibernating, should I wake it up for a quick stretch? Considering I won't be able to drive it around (not on winter tires), only the engine will run.

Your toughts?

[As I'm writing this, I get the sense I should leave the sleeping beauty at peace]

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
I'd probably just leave it be, you're oil most likely will not reach full operating temp unless you want to idle it for 2 hours or so. This will risk moisture getting into you're oil rather than just letting it sit as is. If you could take it for a drive I'd say go for it, but just starting it won't do the car any favours imo. Check out the do you let you're car warm up thread where I have left my 2 cents as well. Good luck.

chokesmaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic LX Manual 2016
Country flag
Crank it up? You mean I should I turn the key a couple seconds without the fuel pump active?
Yes, as the oil will be mostly sitting in the pan. The first few seconds will be metal to metal and you only need to crank the engine for a few seconds ( 10 - 20 seconds ) to lubricate the engine.
Sponsored