I have a problem with FM Radio

moh90989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CIVIC
Country flag
I have a problem with the radio that the car is not working outside the United States, is there a solution to this problem?
Sponsored

MutatedMango

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Si FC3
Country flag
Bro I think you're gonna have to be a bit more specific than that. What's going on exactly? You're in the UAE and your FM radio's not working there?

OP
OP

moh90989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CIVIC
Country flag
Bro I think you're gonna have to be a bit more specific than that. What's going on exactly? You're in the UAE and your FM radio's not working there?
Yes, the radio does not work outside the United States, knowing that the names of the radios appear on the screen. I have sent an email to a Honda dealer and they do not know a solution to this problem.

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe. 2000 Honda Prelude (donated to charity).
Country flag
Yes, the radio does not work outside the United States, knowing that the names of the radios appear on the screen. I have sent an email to a Honda dealer and they do not know a solution to this problem.
Your radio is a US radio? In that case it can only tuned in 200Khz steps in the FM band whereas UAE stations are spaced 100Khz apart so it cannot tune to any even 100Khz stations such as 94.2, 94.4, etc eg.

https://www.epanorama.net/documents/radio/radio_differences.html

OP
OP

moh90989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CIVIC
Country flag
Your radio is a US radio? In that case it can only tuned in 200Khz steps in the FM band whereas UAE stations are spaced 100Khz apart so it cannot tune to any even 100Khz stations such as 94.2, 94.4, etc eg.

https://www.epanorama.net/documents/radio/radio_differences.html
You have a right, but this is in the old devices, but my radio appears in local radio stations, but without sound, I went by car to more than one technician and did not know the reason, please help

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
You have a right, but this is in the old devices, but my radio appears in local radio stations, but without sound, I went by car to more than one technician and did not know the reason, please help
So it was working before and now it doesn't? Is FM the only thing that has no sound? You get key press/system beeps? AM ok? USB audio ok? Thumb drive audio ok? Voice command ok?

There's an audio diagnostic you can run to test the amp, wiring, and tuner. You can search around to get the key sequence to get into it but be warned if you don't know what you're doing in there an accidentally went into an area you're not suppose to, it could mess up some of your other calibrations such as GPS or rear camera etc..

Honda Civic 10th gen I have a problem with FM Radio 1594058708908

OP
OP

moh90989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CIVIC
Country flag
So it was working before and now it doesn't? Is FM the only thing that has no sound? You get key press/system beeps? AM ok? USB audio ok? Thumb drive audio ok? Voice command ok?

There's an audio diagnostic you can run to test the amp, wiring, and tuner. You can search around to get the key sequence to get into it but be warned if you don't know what you're doing in there an accidentally went into an area you're not suppose to, it could mess up some of your other calibrations such as GPS or rear camera etc..

1594058708908.png
Thanks for your great effort. All the voices work for me on the screen, except for FM and AM, they have no sound

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thanks for your great effort. All the voices work for me on the screen, except for FM and AM, they have no sound
No sound at all? Not even static? Is UAE all DAB? I wonder if you have a bad antenna connection or a loose connection in the antenna amplifier. You can visually inspect the rear windshield antenna and you can enter the factory diagnostic menu in the Infotainment, enter the radio diagnostic section and turn the amp off and on while observing the receiver signal strength.

Last edited:
OP
OP

moh90989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CIVIC
Country flag
No sound at all? Not even static? Is UAE all DAB? I wonder if you have a bad antenna connection or a loose connection in the antenna amplifier. You can visually inspect the rear windshield antenna and you can enter the factory diagnostic menu in the Infotainment, enter the radio diagnostic section and turn the amp off and on while observing the receiver signal strength.
Yes, I checked the system, everything is working, except for the radio, I sent a message to the car agency in America, to find their sound engineer to solve this problem, but they did not answer me
Sponsored