FreedomPenguin

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic si
Country flag
I have a 19 honda civic SI coupe, with the premium system and the subwoofer under the seat. What I am wanting to do is add the following paired with an alpine mrv-m500 amp. My concern is, can I grab the bass source from the subwoofer under the seat? I am not against removing or using that signal wire to feed the amp for this aftermarket sub. I have apple CarPlay headunit, and not sure where is best place to tap the signal source.

I don't really want to use a LC2i line out converter, as id rather have the true source. Let me know all my options! thanks

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_13693317/JL-Audio-CS212LG-TW1.html

Also- does this car have active noise cancelation that I have to worry about disabling?
Sponsored

Last edited:

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
I have a 19 honda civic SI coupe, with the premium system and the subwoofer under the seat. What I am wanting to do is add the following paired with an alpine mrv-m500 amp. My concern is, can I grab the bass source from the subwoofer under the seat? I am not against removing or using that signal wire to feed the amp for this aftermarket sub. I have apple CarPlay headunit, and not sure where is best place to tap the signal source.

I don't really want to use a LC2i line out converter, as id rather have the true source. Let me know all my options! thanks

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_13693317/JL-Audio-CS212LG-TW1.html

Also- does this car have active noise cancelation that I have to worry about disabling?
The issue I see is that the Honda Sub Output from the Premium Sound System, has a High frequency cutoff that is about 1 octave too LOW. Those frequencies in that cut-off active would greatly benefit by being fed to the Sub, --or to your new Sub Amp.

This is why some choose to add a LC2i, to combine the Sub Output, with a low frequency cuffoff Front side speaker signal, and feed that to the new AMP.

Honda Civic 10th gen I have a 2019 Honda Civic SI with premium sound system- sub woofer advice Instrument-ow-freq

Honda Civic 10th gen I have a 2019 Honda Civic SI with premium sound system- sub woofer advice Instrument-ow-freq with Lci1

Honda Civic 10th gen I have a 2019 Honda Civic SI with premium sound system- sub woofer advice sub + LC2I_left_Right

If the Low Freq cuttoff of the LCi2 is "Modified/hacked", and raised a little, then an even better range of frequencies can be fed to the new Power Amp (see Below)

Honda Civic 10th gen I have a 2019 Honda Civic SI with premium sound system- sub woofer advice sub + MODDED LC2I_left_Right

The above RED Frequency response would be the "IDEAL" one to feed to your new AMP, ( Not the BLUE Honda Sub Output) to gain maximum benefit of better Bass in the Car -- assuming you find and fix all the rattles !!!

Last edited:
OP
OP

FreedomPenguin

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic si
Country flag
There is no post in your reply.

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag

josby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring sedan
Country flag
To add to the above, I think the idea of wanting a "true" source is misguided. For one thing, the DSP inside the factory amp has already modified the signal you'd be tapping into. The other thing is, modern processors like the LC2i are extremely good about adding very little distortion to the signal, and furthermore our ears are not very sensitive to distortion at bass frequencies. It might introduce some effects on phase, I suppose.

Fortunately no, no ANC to deal with on any Civic.
Sponsored