I have a 2016 honda civic ex and i want to add a turbo. can i do it?

THDRicky

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
I just recently got a 2016 honda civic ex and i want to put a turbo in it. I just want to know if i could do it and if yes any suggestion on any kits. thanks for your help.
Sponsored

DRTHVDR

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CivicX Hatch
Country flag
Doesn't seem like a good financial decision. Sell the 2016 and get a 1.5t or SI. IMHO. Unless money is no object then go full send and get to a reputable tuner asap. There is a grocery list of things that need to be done.

bcrichster

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport 2.0L, 1998 Civic LX D16-MiniMe
Country flag
Doesn't seem like a good financial decision. Sell the 2016 and get a 1.5t or SI. IMHO. Unless money is no object then go full send and get to a reputable tuner asap. There is a grocery list of things that need to be done.
Plz post grocery list, for me too.. Lol

NotSerious

First Name
Me
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018CivicLXSedanCVT
Country flag
Everything on modern cars are integrated through electronic control modules. Your transmission, engine, turbo charger, air conditioning,.... They are all designed to work together. Making major changes are bound to end up with technical problems and the car will probably never run right. Not to forget the expense is simply not worth it unless you are a mechanical genius and do all of the work yourself.

If you have the stock 2.0 CVT, you will blow it all to heck with 250+ hp and a big boost in torque that a turbo would give you.

You should have bought a 2014, 2015 SI for about the same price if you wanted more power and better handling.

goodvibes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R CBP
Country flag
I thought about doing the same when I had my 2015 EX but came to the conclusion that it was too much money and very little performance to gain from it. I saved my money and got a type R instead but honestly an SI would also be perfect for the money since the Type R parts tax is ridiculous sometimes. ?

PhilF

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CRV EX-L Platinum White Pearl/Ivory, 2020 CRV EX-L Crystal Black Pearl/Grey
Country flag
Perhaps I'm mistaken, but I know my 2016 EX-L was a 1.5t, was under the impression that all the 2016 EX level cars were turbocharged.
Nope, I'm wrong, there was an EX-T, apparently the ex was the 2.0.

OP
OP

THDRicky

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
okay so what performance could i do to my 2016 honda civic ex instead of a turbo kit?

justasimpleman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 PWP FC1 Si
Country flag
Perhaps I'm mistaken, but I know my 2016 EX-L was a 1.5t, was under the impression that all the 2016 EX level cars were turbocharged.
Nope, I'm wrong, there was an EX-T, apparently the ex was the 2.0.
1.5t didnā€™t come standard in the ex (sedan and coupe) until 2019.

Bastrop

First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Fit
Country flag
Just asking, but is the 2.0 engine in the LX the same engine that is in the R. Or should I say the same basic engine, since the 2.0 R engine has a lot of different internal parts.