I hate the starting sound

Lufelham

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3 2010, Coming soon 2016 Civic
Country flag
I hate it, some times it's lame, sometimes is awful and sometimes it's just non existent
Sponsored

Deleted User 1886347

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I like it actually, because sometimes I leave for work at 4 am and it's nice and quiet. It's a unique and decent sound.

If you want something to complain about, try to be serious and honk the horn when someone cuts you off. Makes me use the horn less lol...

OP
OP
Lufelham

Lufelham

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I like it actually, because sometimes I leave for work at 4 am and it's nice and quiet. It's a unique and decent sound.

If you want something to complain about, try to be serious and honk the horn when someone cuts you off. Makes me use the horn less lol...
Hahaha yes that's something I'm not that proud either , but man every time I press the start button it just sounds weird like a I don't know man something's wrong but the problem it's that nothing's wrong it just sounds weird

mno86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
I personally think the car sounds extremely tinny and rattley starting up sometimes. Other times it's very quiet and sophisticated.

I can handle the former, but one thing I can't take is how often the engine grinds when it turns over after sitting in the sun for a few hours. I've got four videos of it, and I've got a standing appt with the dealership next Saturday. I fully expect these videos to be enough for them to look into rather than playing the "lets replicate it game"

OP
OP
Lufelham

Lufelham

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I personally think the car sounds extremely tinny and rattley starting up sometimes. Other times it's very quiet and sophisticated.

I can handle the former, but one thing I can't take is how often the engine grinds when it turns over after sitting in the sun for a few hours. I've got four videos of it, and I've got a standing appt with the dealership next Saturday. I fully expect these videos to be enough for them to look into rather than playing the "lets replicate it game"

Yeah thats the word i was looking for rattle it rattles some time like and old machine i hate that sound loud hi pitch rattle (sorry main language is sapanish)

domm92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah thats the word i was looking for rattle it rattles some time like and old machine i hate that sound loud hi pitch rattle (sorry main language is sapanish)
Mine rattles like crazy. Even posted a YouTube video of it. Sounds like something lose under the hood. Went to the dealership and remote started a couple and they sounded the same like lose rattling.

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Re: the horn, completely agreed. I have a 328i rental down in Miami right now :headbang:
The horn is so satisfying to use lol...it gets a workout with the shitty drivers down here lol.

#sorrynotsorry

Troy Jollimore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, 2018 VW Golf
Country flag
Re: the horn, completely agreed. I have a 328i rental down in Miami right now :headbang:
The horn is so satisfying to use lol...it gets a workout with the shitty drivers down here lol.
Hahaha! The engine 'noise' of the 4-cylinder in the 328i was a BIG deterrent to my buying one. It drives nice, but rattles like a Diesel!

89AKurt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Coupe EX-T, 1969 Chevrolet C-10 pickup
Country flag
I've noticed a sound, only sometimes, that like a loose pulley. The dealer said it's the direct injection pump.

You should hear my 1969 Chevy pickup start, wakes everybody up. :sleep::confused1:

tateep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX 2.0 Senseless
Country flag
At first, I thought the starter on the 2.0 sounded like a crap GM Ecotec motor, but after a closer listen, it still has that classic Honda start that's just very subtle and quiet. I miss the old starter sound that you could tell it was a Honda a mile away:

1:17 mark

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hahaha! The engine 'noise' of the 4-cylinder in the 328i was a BIG deterrent to my buying one. It drives nice, but rattles like a Diesel!
It drives alright, but for a $40k car...the Touring does a lot of stuff as nice or as better than the BMW, shockingly enough!

I'm gonna do a full comparison here for funsies. I'm somewhat shocked how unrefined it is at times, though. Other times, fun as hell!

carlson03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2017 EXL Pilot AWD Sensing
hmm, can't say I really even payed attention to the sound it made starting up :)
Best sounding car starting I have had was my 03 Mercedes ML500, 5.0 V8! It purred nicely...

DarkLight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic-2016 LX 6MT
Country flag
Wow you're a tease @DarkLight rev that shit up!!
I would, but there has since been a small, um...tweak, made to the exhaust system, and it got waaaay too loud, so I had to put the stock muffler back on.

Strangest thing... I was just examining the cat the other day, and, well, all this stuff just happened to fall out. There was also a breaker bar and a hammer nearby...no explaination for that either. :dunno:

Honda Civic 10th gen I hate the starting sound ima

Theoretically speaking, since the O2 sensor is situated between the two catalysts inside the converter, it is possible to remove the 2nd catalyst without tripping a CEL. So, it would, theoretically, increase flow by about 50% and resulted in significantly lower under-hood temps, by about 7 degrees, if the sensors are to be believed. And of course, it made the exhaust note that much more prominent.

People would look at my car, and glance around, wondering where the sound was coming from, since it sounds more like a Dino or Alfa V6 than a 4-banger. This little clip I posted doesn't do it justice. Honestly, if you saw and heard it in person you simply would not believe the sound that it makes. It was drawing way too much attention, so, sadly, it is all bottled up now. However, I'm working on a solution, and I'll start a build thread once I get it figured out.
Sponsored