I hate my car....48k miles later

Siiick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 GT500, 20 Bolt EV, 19 Z06
Country flag
Man I hate to hear that. I picked up my 2020 Si back at the end of 2019 and it's been nothing but amazing, so much so that I went out and bought it's big brother to add to the stable. I've been super impressed with this platform.
Sponsored

blackie X

First Name
tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
2017 45k had since day 1, have had zero issues with anything other than the buzzing sound from having the fan on while in low gears and engaging the gas pedal.

Seayountea

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si, 1988 Starion
Country flag
The paint is a little thin....I have a ton of chips over the hood but I just attributed that to having to drive the thing on I95. I95 is flipping terrible.

dem2757

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK7
Country flag
Trade it but not for a Civic, 10th gen Civic literally has the worst paint quality of all times and all universe.
The 8th gen civic would like to have a word with your paint comment. The paint on this gen is by far superior compared to the 2006-2011 civics.

xbbnx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si, 2017 Si (past), 2015 Si (past)
Country flag
Tell me more
A co-worker of mine had a 2009 Si since brand new, about 6 years later his paint on his roof and trunk had peeled like a tangerine.

fc1_lani23

First Name
Lani
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FC1 CD5
Country flag
37K here on a 17'. No major issues that I can think of other than I recently had my A/C condenser replaced under warranty. Really my biggest complaint is dash and pillar rattles since I put coils on the car and lowered it. Anyone have a remedy for these rattles? For me its mostly on the passenger side.

BlackbirdAV8

First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
2018 with 70k miles. It has been great. Only issues thus far has been a small rattle in an air vent, which was fixed under warranty, and its battery dying after three years. Still loving it

RAC80

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
2017 si coupe (got it Jan 2018) now at 84,000miles.
Ktuner, 23psi atm (factory/23psi). Not been higher and only base maps. Prl filter replacement, intercooler from amazon that isnt rev9, but is.... exactly the same and even the packaging i had was same as pics ive seen etc. Obviously a bunch of peeps selling the same thing. Must be quite a difference in pressure drop because BIG improvement is responsiveness and a bit in sound.

Zero issues with it, but, i have noticed the squeek as i turn in the last few thousand miles...... not bad, not all the time and only low speed 90deg turns. Checked it all out and didnt seen anything. Will take a closer look a brakes.

Never been back to honda, done all the recomended stuff myself.
Waiting for the clutch to wear out before i see how far my garage diy skills will reach!!! Haha

Love the car. Yes you could have something with more power. But if just power was the goal you bought the wrong car. Go rwd for a start. I needed fuel economy (1hr commute), fun (1hr commute, lol) and im British, so its more about how fast im going round corners than what i'm doing in a straight line. For the price i dont think you can beat this thing!

Will admit ive looked very closely at the Veloster N though!!!! ?

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
17k on my 2020 Si and had about 22k on my 2018 Si, no major issues on either cars in the time I've had them other than the damn interior rattles and power window malfunctioning sometimes. The paint though I agree is pretty shit on this platform, super thin and I got a fat rock chip in my first week of owning the 2020

Yoda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 LX MT
Country flag
I'm liking our 2016 less and less and we may get rid of it this year. Never had a Honda with this many issues.

Thought I could upgrade the crappy sound system but found out it is an extensive and expensive undertaking and kiss your rear camera features goodbye.

Had the dashight Christmas tree and still having Electronic Parking Brake problems. Dealer wants $1400 to fix.

Luckily they changed the AC compressor under warranty or it would have been $1600. I'm still waiting for the condenser to crap out.

The rims are rusty and paint is peeling off the hubcaps already. Underside of car is starting to rust badly, especial at all the welds, but we live in the rust/salt belt.

Wipers are only 2 speed, which is annoying. I can't park the wiper arms part way up like on older Hondas so the defroster de-ices them quicker. The recess where they sit can collect a huge amount of leaves, snow and ice.

A cup holder in the door would have been nice.

remusrm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic LX 6spd
Country flag
2020 with 53k 2.0 LX 6spd. I don't hate it but overhyped having the H as a badge. Dealers act like they did you favor when they allowed you to buy it. Service acts like there is never anything wrong with it when under warranty but BAM after all needs to be done.

3x car died and a Christmas tree showed up, they did not even bother to check it with the diagnostic tool.

Took it in for alignment had to come back 3 times to set the steering wheel straight, someone must of had stigmatism

Transmission never shifter properly and always seems like its delayed. Now at 53k I think the rear engine mount is shot since it feels at times while hot outside as bobble head!

Around 33k started hearing a pop when turning the wheel or rolling very slowly, all ok by the dealer. I am thinking its the endlinks. Now when out of warranty they are willing to troubleshoot if I paid 170$ diagnostic fee.

Electric brake does not engage if you turn off car while you just hit the button. Few times my car rolled out back, lucky I was close to stop it. There is a recall for some early models but mine is not there, so they do not even bother to check it

and don't get me started on the quality of being put together! Bad panel gaps that I never seen on cars from the 70s, rear hubcap makes noise, there is call out for investigation by Honda, no one called me.

This is my first and last Honda, nothing like the older models, its all price point and profit with them now!

USNengineman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Chevy Colorado z71
Country flag
2020 13k since day 1. pretty sure my brake shims are shittin the bed, right wheel squeaks under light brake load. paint is like dried up jizz and cracks the second you throw a mosquito at it. other than that the baby girl is running smooth.

RyzenShine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport
Country flag
I completely understand haha im at 49,000 miles and ive had this car since 2017, really the only problem ive had was the battery...there are often times that i feel like trading it in but im almost done paying it off and dont feel like making more payments for another car. Im full bolt on and the car is the ultimate daily driver. When i see other cars pushing 400whp without having to build internals i think to myself about how much money i have spent just to hit 300whp when other cars can hit that number quite easily but i want to see this car finished
Sorry, but how do you understand the OP’s situation with what you wrote?
Sponsored