I hate my car....48k miles later

michiflores

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2017 Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
As soon as car got out of the warranty period it’s been giving me a ton of issues. At 19k miles it started squeaking when I made a turn, it ended up being the brake shims. Got those fixed under warranty. At 37k miles the car started making the same noises and they repaired the retaining clips. Once I hit 40k all the service lights turn on and I have to constantly unplug the battery to reset it. At 48k the screeching noise is back. ? Thinking of trading it in, I owe what the car is worth but who knows if they’ll offer that much. Just wanted to be heard by other fellow 10th gen Si owners that may possibly understand what I’m going through. And yes I’ve kept up with the maintenance on the car, got new tires and rims at 35k is miles.
Sponsored

MaoFC3

First Name
V
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I completely understand haha im at 49,000 miles and ive had this car since 2017, really the only problem ive had was the battery...there are often times that i feel like trading it in but im almost done paying it off and dont feel like making more payments for another car. Im full bolt on and the car is the ultimate daily driver. When i see other cars pushing 400whp without having to build internals i think to myself about how much money i have spent just to hit 300whp when other cars can hit that number quite easily but i want to see this car finished

xbbnx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si, 2017 Si (past), 2015 Si (past)
Country flag
My 2017 Si which I have had since brand new is around 37K miles and I have had a bunch of issues from really since day one. Never anything catastrophic, mostly quality issues. I'll name a few off the top of my head...

Keyless entry door handle driver side stopped working, replaced under warranty

Motor mount replacement

Wheel bearing replacement

Brake shims replacement

Steering Wheel air bag area springy noise that came back months after fix and still remains

Small bad paint job from factory around front driver side orange reflector that was fixed under warranty

Dead battery in just 2 years

Loud driver seat squeak, replaced under warranty

Intermediate shaft replacement under warranty

I don't abuse my Si and follow all the recommended maintenance, but Honda quality, at least in my case has shown to have taken a rapid decline. Now, I will forgive them as my car is a 2017, which is the first model year for the Si which essentially means I was a beta tester when I bought it brand new, but man she has been very imperfect. With that being said, I love her and plan on keeping her for a very long time, there isn't a better driving car in the market at this price point brand new.

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
As a former 10th Gen Si owner, I really loved the car, but there were definitely small quality issues that I could see would become bigger problems, like rattles in the pillars and dash, suspension noise etc. I did drive it hard for 17K while I owned it, and never had any engines issues. I had a 2018, so I'm pretty sure they fixed some of the problems the OP is having, although I didn't drive it as many miles as he did before I sold it.

For me the biggest complaint was that it was a bit unrefined for me, especially coming from driving a Toyota Camry (2006 Camry SE 3.3L V6) for 12 years prior, and feeling and hearing the road, which I realized was not for me. After doing several trips back and forth from NorCal to SoCal, driving my daily commute, I just needed something more "comfortable" for my spoiled 50 year old frame.

All that being said, it's still one of the best entry level sports oriented cars for the money. If I was 20 years younger and looking for something sporty under $30K brand new, this would be the car

tcr1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic si 2020
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have 15,000 km civic if 2020, problem with the air / fuel sensor which caused all the lights on the dashboard to light up. Change under warranty.

Honda replied '' that's innovation ''! :crazy:

For me my civic SI 2014 was my favorite even if I was badly seated. A telescopic steering wheel would have solved the problem.

MisterNickG

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
51k miles here on my '17.. I've only had to replace the battery. Then again I got it when it had 28k miles so I can't speak for anything that happened before my ownership ;).

letsgoMINAJE

First Name
Minaje
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CBP Si Sedan
Country flag
For me, I love the car...have 27k miles on it...zero issues. However, I wouldn't truly care how many issues there were as long as they were covered since there are no guarantees with any other car from any other manufacturer to not have issues. This is the car I wanted and I got it at the price point I wanted.
Sponsored