I finally saw advertised boost pressure..

xbbnx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si, 2017 Si (past), 2015 Si (past)
Country flag
For the first time in my 2 years ownership of my 2017 Si, I finally saw 20 PSI today on STOCK power.

So a little back story..

I got my Si 2 years ago to this day (August 7th, 2017)..I decided to buy an OTS Hondata FlashPro(Carb) and flashed with the +6 PSI about 2 months ago. I set it to be ONLY AVAILABLE WITH "SPORT" MODE ACTIVATED, which means in "Comfort" mode I'm still on STOCK power. I made that cap because that is very important. In "Comfort" mode my car is completely stock without the +6 PSI of aided boost.

Anyway, it was 92 degrees Fahrenheit, car in "Comfort" mode, I'm in 2nd gear and WOT, first pull I see 19PSI, and then the next subsequent two pulls I see 20 PSI! Each time! I have never gotten that high on stock power before. I decide to put it in "Sport" mode to activate the FlashPro +6 tune to compare, and the highest PSI I saw was 22. My stock boost was only off by TWO PSI from the +6 Hondata tune..can anybody explain this? And has anybody else seen 20PSI on Stock tune/power?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Drake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Out of curiosity, did you see this on the dashboard boost screen? Or through the Hondata FlashPro? I just took delivery of my Si and am uncertain if the stock "boost gauge" is actually reliable or more of a gimmick.

OP
OP
xbbnx

xbbnx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si, 2017 Si (past), 2015 Si (past)
Country flag
Out of curiosity, did you see this on the dashboard boost screen? Or through the Hondata FlashPro? I just took delivery of my Si and am uncertain if the stock "boost gauge" is actually reliable or more of a gimmick.
I saw it on the dash..I doubt its a gimmick, seems legit to me.

Cullah

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 SI Coupe
Country flag
I hope its not a gimmick.. i always have that up.

chibo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Civic Si Sedan, 2002 S2000
Country flag
The simple answer about boost being lower than advertised is that the ECU is targeting a torque output number, not a boost number. In other words, it will only command as much boost as required to reach the torque output target, which may not be the boost limit. Peak boost is further limited by a RPM/ambient air pressure table.

Jonmd89

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si
Country flag
I have the 2019 si and I have ktuner which may very from hondata as I’ve never owned it but from the ktuner tunerview app it always matches the dash psi and the app psi

Drake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I have the 2019 si and I have ktuner which may very from hondata as I’ve never owned it but from the ktuner tunerview app it always matches the dash psi and the app psi
Glad to hear this!

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
For what it's worth here is my experience...

Bought my 17 Si and stayed stock for the first few thousand miles. Only saw 20psi when in normal, and very rarely. Saw 18psi often and occasionally 19psi in Sport. Flashed to +9 with Hondata and used that until TSP and MAP released their maps. Picked up a ktuner v1.2 when the TSP map didn't work quite as advertised, and Derek suggested the map was dialed in better on ktuner. Hondata has been sitting in the box ever since. I mostly use map 3.
Sponsored