OP
fk-eight

fk-eight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP CTR R-35355/ 2021 SGP Accord Touring
Country flag
Congrats though! It would be interesting to hear your opinion on how it compares to the c7.
it doesn’t compare. The C7 mops the floor with the Civic. I ran into an Agean Blue one, a few months ago. He kept patronizing me, until I gave in. I hawked him down in a few seconds and I couldn’t even see him in my rear view, at 16mph.
Sponsored

josh8604

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR BBP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Congratulations! Now you can update your "Cars:" section ;)

OP
OP
fk-eight

fk-eight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Congratulations! Now you can update your "Cars:" section ;)
Ah, thanks for reminding me. Now I just have to figure out how to do it on my phone. Or I’ll have to wait to get into my laptop, later.

OrchidFc3

First Name
Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 1996 ITR, 1992 SI
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Beautiful! What made you pick the Sonic Grey over the other colors?

LSUFANDAN

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sonic Grey Civic Type R
Country flag
Welcome to the SGP club. I got mine about a month ago. #34184. Its a great color really. Looks clean even when its dirty lol.

OP
OP
fk-eight

fk-eight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Beautiful! What made you pick the Sonic Grey over the other colors?
None of them appealed to me. I’ve never had a red car. They also had polished metal metallic, but that had been there for months. White, is the original fan boy color, I needed a change from having a white corvette. The Sonic Gray Pearl, really pops in when it’s nice and clean. Blue isn’t my thing. I like it. But it’s just not me.

Welcome to the SGP club. I got mine about a month ago. #34184. Its a great color really. Looks clean even when its dirty lol.
True, I got mine right off the truck, and they didn’t detail it. I’m too picky about someone wiping on it. I saw the detailers in the back with a long handled brush and one bucket of pink suds, washing like 5 cars. Then the other guy was using the drying blade to dry the car. No thank you. I drove it him with the white stickers and the plastic on the seats. I’ll post some pictures when I get it done. I did the wing, so far, with Jescar Power Lock+. That stuff is freakin magic. I noticed there was still some contaminants when I did a hand wipe though. Going to clay and correct what’s swirled. See how it goes.

kevv_FK8

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R, 2022 Honda Pilot SE, 2013 Honda Civic
Country flag
it doesn’t compare. The C7 mops the floor with the Civic. I ran into an Agean Blue one, a few months ago. He kept patronizing me, until I gave in. I hawked him down in a few seconds and I couldn’t even see him in my rear view, at 16mph.
im sure we all know its faster, I think what he's looking for is more of a overall review so far in the R compared to vette.

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
None of them appealed to me. I’ve never had a red car. They also had polished metal metallic, but that had been there for months. White, is the original fan boy color, I needed a change from having a white corvette. The Sonic Gray Pearl, really pops in when it’s nice and clean. Blue isn’t my thing. I like it. But it’s just not me.

True, I got mine right off the truck, and they didn’t detail it. I’m too picky about someone wiping on it. I saw the detailers in the back with a long handled brush and one bucket of pink suds, washing like 5 cars. Then the other guy was using the drying blade to dry the car. No thank you. I drove it him with the white stickers and the plastic on the seats. I’ll post some pictures when I get it done. I did the wing, so far, with Jescar Power Lock+. That stuff is freakin magic. I noticed there was still some contaminants when I did a hand wipe though. Going to clay and correct what’s swirled. See how it goes.
A claybarred and detailed SGP is an amazing thing you'll really enjoy it in all kinds of light - great choice!

OP
OP
fk-eight

fk-eight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
im sure we all know its faster, I think what he's looking for is more of a overall review so far in the R compared to vette.
Its hard to even compare them. They are just totally different cars. The FK feels pretty quick. Claim is 13.5qtr. While the C7 runs high 11s. Once you get the Michelin Pilots warmed up, the car just hooks. You can spin them, but if you roll from 20 to 70, you’ll get a little bit of a traction light, but it just hooks. The nose is really long, so, you have to constantly be on the lookout for that. It would feel like you’re driving from the back seat, in the civic. When you turn into a parking spot, the nose swings around in the front, and the drivers seat position kind of just turns in place, because the nose is so long. The car is super low to the ground, and anyone over 5’11 would be hitting their head, trying to get into it. I’m 6’3 and I’d have to put my right hand on the side bolster, and squat down to 90° and kind of swing myself into it. Then, your knees are right up against the dash. So, whenever I hit the brakes at anything other than normal, my knees are are holding me back in the seat, until I’m finished slowing down. It’s a beautiful car, and I still can’t believe I traded it in. It was a 1LT so, it was a strippy strip. No hud, no heated/ ventilated seats, No performance data recorder. No seat memory. 7 speed manual. I found myself just not driving it. And when it did, it was like a project. It could probably be a great daily, if you’re about 5’7 150-170 pounds. But it’s just not all that comfortable for people over 6’. GM added another inch of legroom in the C8. And the seat back moves more than 15° which will be nice. The gauge cluster was super slow and clunky. Whenever you changed the screens, you’d click the button like 2-3 times before it changed the screen, then it would overshoot the screen you wanted it on. It’s hard getting used to cruising on the highway at 3,100 rpm. I’m the Corvette, I would be at about 1,600-1,800 at 70-75.

A claybarred and detailed SGP is an amazing thing you'll really enjoy it in all kinds of light - great choice!
I love the color, and I’m in the middle of running around the car with a yellow pad, and Sonax perfect finish. The paint is soft, but there are some little swirls that I had to work on, to get them removed. Something I couldn’t pickup without angling the scangrip light, into about 5 different positions. I’m about halfway around the car, now and it’s going to look really good when I’m finished. I’ll do Jescar Powerlock+ and 2 coats of Collinite 845. After that wears off, I think I’ll be ready for some Kamikaze Zipang coat. I can’t wait to try a self healing ceramic coating.
Sponsored