I finally found how to switch between adaptive cruise & normal cruise!

josby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring sedan
Country flag
Back before I bought my car, I read the owner's manual online and thought I remembered you could switch between the two cruise modes, but once I got my car I couldn't see any obvious way to do it and thought I'd just misread or misremembered.

Finally today I decided to check the manual and there it was. You just hold the distance button down a few seconds and the display lets you know it's in normal cruise mode. It feels a little weird because when you set your speed, it doesn't show the number in the display anymore. Hold it again to switch back.

Maybe everyone already knows this? I figured I'd post anyway. I think the ACC is great on highways when I'm in no rush. But when I am in a rush, I find myself getting stuck behind slow cars without really realizing it and wishing for normal cruise mode to make me gain on slower cars ahead and see I need to switch lanes.
Sponsored

Last edited:

touring420

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 WOP Touring.. 2003 Civic DX (for sale btw)
Country flag
Back before I bought my car, I read the owner's manual online and thought I remembered you could switch between the two cruise modes, but once I got my car I couldn't see any obvious way to do it and thought I'd just misread or misremembered.

Finally today I decided to check the manual and there it was. You just hold the distance button down a few seconds and the display lets you know it's in normal cruise mode. It feels a little weird because when you set your speed, it doesn't show the number in the display anymore. Hold it again to switch back.

Maybe everyone already knows this? I figured I'd post anyway. I think the ACC is great on highways when I'm in no rush. But when I am in a rush, I find myself getting stuck behind slow cars without really realizing it and wishing for normal cruise mode to make me gain on slower cars ahead and see I need to switch lanes.
Would be nice,I'm not a fan of the ACC neither . I'll give it a shot in the morning on the way to work.

touring420

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 WOP Touring.. 2003 Civic DX (for sale btw)
Country flag
Yep totally works!! Now to figure out how to turn off the rain sensing wipers..

Andrew

First Name
Pablo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Wow I didn't know this was an option, awesome! I love ACC, but yeah, it sometimes gets annoying when there's a car in front of you going just slightly slower than what you want to be going, and you just stay behind them. Thanks!
Sponsored