saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
I downloaded iOS 13 and the display on the head unit changed is this normal? Has anyone else done this? I have the XR ( sorry my dusting rag was a little linty)

Honda Civic 10th gen I downloaded iOS 13 and got this 565EF06E-4D40-47D9-9750-85F42264AB1D
Sponsored

ResortCasual

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
If you are referring to a new layout/album art then the answer is yes.

Press the button in the lower-left corner to further have your mind blown

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
iOS 13 includes a big update for Apple Carplay as well, hence the different layout on the headunit. It's perfectly normal and is actually an upgrade overall. You can even run maps and music side by side with this update.

OP
OP
saz468

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
iOS 13 includes a big update for Apple Carplay as well, hence the different layout on the headunit. It's perfectly normal and is actually an upgrade overall. You can even run maps and music side by side with this update.
Side by side like a split screen? I’m still new at smart phone tech I had a flip phone a year and a half ago

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
Side by side like a split screen? I’m still new at smart phone tech I had a flip phone a year and a half ago
Yeah its a split screen. Only catch is that it can only do that with Apple Maps currently and not Google Maps. Google Maps is obviously far superior to Apple Maps, but it has improved a lot in the past few years so it still gets the job done for the most part.

2tango2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback EX- Lunar Silver
Country flag
Loving the new update

ian408

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Type R Sonic
Country flag
As a side note, there’s also a Garmin update available.

I did the 13 update and one of the nits is Spotify no longer works so well. For example I’ll be running Spotify, get out of the car and come back. The Spotify screen will be displayed but iTunes will be playing. It’s an easy work around but lame.

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I tried the split screen but I wish I could assign the apps to show or even what's playing on my SXM radio instead of the two apparently fixed options next to the maps screen... If someone knows how to change it, please post, thanks.

OP
OP
saz468

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Now I see very cool :cool:

Honda Civic 10th gen I downloaded iOS 13 and got this 0C7075D6-DDCD-4CE4-A2A7-7901D9F31127

Ocelot

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 EX-T sedan, '12 LX sedan
Country flag
IOS 13 update here too, for the most part I like it but I'd want apple mas and text notifications on the same screen

ExVTEC

First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
The only thing I envy from apple. Android auto is light years behind.

RedBullHondaF1

Banned
Banned
First Name
Speed Maniac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R, 2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I work in auto sales...and Apple CarPlay blows away Android Auto in every facet. It's so much better I actually tossed my Android for an Apple iPhone and haven't looked back. With Waze being able to be used in Apple CarPlay, it takes away the one advantage, and its a slim one anyway, of nav. Waze is owned by Google, so it would be moot to even argue about nav now anyway.

kperalta

AluminiumCivic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
I work in auto sales...and Apple CarPlay blows away Android Auto in every facet. It's so much better I actually tossed my Android for an Apple iPhone and haven't looked back. With Waze being able to be used in Apple CarPlay, it takes away the one advantage, and its a slim one anyway, of nav. Waze is owned by Google, so it would be moot to even argue about nav now anyway.
I work in car audio. A major part of my job is installing radios. That doesn't make my opinion more validated than anybody else's. Apple carplay is just that, apple shit. Last I checked you can use Waze in android auto. One reason I don't like apple car play is the fact you cannot move certain icons. Even if you don't use apple music its still on the very front page. This is an iPhone gripe, but I've always hated being forced to use the same texting app, which in turn is what apple carplay forces you to do. Though I'm sure most iPhone users don't care cause you're so used to never having the option to switch to something else and most of you love imessages anyways.

Not to mention navigation is forced to apple maps by default, and just like apple music you can't move it from the home screen. Also, apple isn't friendly to competing services lest we forget that Google maps wasn't even on the app store for a while. Again, another personal gripe, but I've used Google play Music for years (rip) and the years I had apple carplay they didn't even allow GPM to have its own app. That's changed since then kind of, still one of the major reasons why I don't like it.

I don't know. Maybe it's just the ugly iOS user interface that iPhone's have which in turn is literally what apple carplay is. Or the fact that you can't independently use your phone from apple carplay. Since, you know, if you open an app on carplay it opens it on your phone, unlike android auto which can run completely independent.

I'm the opposite of you, though. From 2014 - 2017 I switched from Android to Apple just to give it a shot. I loved iPhones for how braindead they were to operate. How everything just worked, and how your battery was just a beast, at least until you downloaded the new iOS and it was shit. Just the one thing that kept bringing me back to android was android auto, and just how much friendlier it was to people who weren't ingrained in Google's ecosystem. It also didn't take them 4 years to get that way.

I do miss how stupid simple iPhone's are though. Truth be told I'm just being a f***** as*h*** and at the end of the day it's all personal preference.
Sponsored