tailsctr916

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CBP CTR
Country flag
All time average in my '17 Civic SI = 38.5mpg
All time average in my '10 Camaro SS = 20.8mpg

Work commute is about 2hrs two way (about 80 miles two way) and is mostly highway with a few stop lights.

Actual money out of pocket savings is average $18 a week which comes out to $3.60 a day (considering a 5 day work week). And this is actual real world money savings going by my bank account history since I use my debit card to pay for gas and fill up once a week (both cars just barely make it on a full tank for the work commute). How many people here would pay an extra $3.60 a day in gas for 2hrs of driving a day with double the horsepower of a big bad 426 horsepower 6.2l V8? I don't think 4cylinders really save on gas and are a dumb purchases to buy with gas saving alone in mind unless you work at McDonald's and $18 a week extra in gas is going to put you in the poor house but I doubt a McDonalds worker travels 2hrs a day and is working very close to where they live since McDonalds are everywhere.

And that's 2hrs a day of commuting and I would figure with that much driving a 4 banger rated at 38mpg would be raking in the gas savings but hell, I consider $18 a week nothing and a total waste of time even if the 4 banger was given to me for free - I'd rather pay the $18 a week extra in gas and be driving something with 400+ horsepower and a vehicle that garners actual respect from the car crowd. I feel like I made one of the most poorest vehicle choices of my entire life. Thankfully the car has great handling, ergonomics, tech, and is very comfortable and stylish for a compact car that doesn't really feel compact when you drive it.... But there's no real gas savings IMO (unless you're a fast food worker or living on disability/social security and on a REAL tight budget).

The economical way just doesn't feel very economical to me, especially once you factor in the performance drop of what you could be driving for a few extra pennies.

What makes me laugh is on the Camaro forums V6 owners justifying their purchase over gas and insurance savings. I owned both. There's almost no difference in gas and my insurance from a 1lt V6 to a fully loaded V8 2SS was only $8 every six months, big savings, they got an argument there- LOL, not.
You shouldnt be owning a honda period. Sell it and get urself a v8 so you can finally get some respect :lol:.

exyia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SportTouring Hatch, 2010 EvoX SE
Country flag
This forum is just full of toxic posters now. The OP merely commented on the real world difference cost of gas of the Civic vs another, drastically different car...not how garbage any 10th gen Civic is - but of course 90% of you have to take it as some personal insult, read between the lines, and/or treat the guy like an idiot by jumping to conclusions he didn't make.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Actual money out of pocket savings is average $18 a week which comes out to $3.60 a day (considering a 5 day work week). And this is actual real world money savings going by my bank account history since I use my debit card to pay for gas and fill up once a week (both cars just barely make it on a full tank for the work commute). How many people here would pay an extra $3.60 a day in gas for 2hrs of driving a day with double the horsepower of a big bad 426 horsepower 6.2l V8? I don't think 4cylinders really save on gas and are a dumb purchases to buy with gas saving alone in mind unless you work at McDonald's and $18 a week extra in gas is going to put you in the poor house but I doubt a McDonalds worker travels 2hrs a day and is working very close to where they live since McDonalds are everywhere.
This forum is just full of toxic posters now. The OP merely commented on the real world difference cost of gas of the Civic vs another, drastically different car...not how garbage any 10th gen Civic is - but of course 90% of you have to take it as some personal insult, read between the lines, and/or treat the guy like an idiot by jumping to conclusions he didn't make.
@exyia when the OP makes a statement like the one above, he deserves all the crap he gets. He says he doesnt think 4 cylinders really save on gas, then he does the math for us and it does. What, did he think he was going to save $20 a day driving a 4 banger over v8? Its really a dumb thread and is going to lead to lots of name calling and bashing and should probably be locked.

kritz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17Civic SI sedan
This forum is just full of toxic posters now.
I have yet to find an automotive owners forum that isn't. At least this one has an"ignore" button.:grouphug:

tailsctr916

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CBP CTR
Country flag
He did way more then just commented. He’s belittling u and u dont even no it. He said that the savings isnt that much for u to worry about it unless u work at a food spot or getting disability checks. Are u working at a food place or collecting checks? He ignoring that fact that theres a lot of honda enthusiast that just love honda period. That doesnt mean that i settled with a honda because thats all i can afford. I cant speak for all but i choose hondas because i always loved hondas, To me a new honda is like a blank canvas its up to the owner to make something magical happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.