Seth_FC3

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SI coupe
Country flag
Assuming OP has never taken the Si to a track, may I suggest to find an empty open parking lot, setup some cones to do figure 8s and slaloms, and then see how you feel about it. The car has decent acceleration for what it is but the handling is where it really shines. Stock for stock, my ST that came with summer tires would easily out handle the Si, no contest. Considering a set of new shoes with summer tires to make it a little more fair :yes:
The eaglesports my car came with aren't all that great. I took a pretty nice curve at aroun 30-35mph and it was having trouble gripping. I wish I had a nice set of tires :(
Sponsored

Siiick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 GT500, 20 Bolt EV, 19 Z06
Country flag
The eaglesports my car came with aren't all that great. I took a pretty nice curve at aroun 30-35mph and it was having trouble gripping. I wish I had a nice set of tires :(
Yep I feel the same way! Just finished the break-in period and have started pushing it some. Got a little bit of tire howl yesterday in one of my favorite turns.

swah_fk7

Regamaster King
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe, 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yep I feel the same way! Just finished the break-in period and have started pushing it some. Got a little bit of tire howl yesterday in one of my favorite turns.
First and best mod I ever did was springs and these 265 summer tires on the Desmond wheels.

JDMpo0kie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Only people who don’t know how to drive will spin the scat pack all day. Scat packs are heavy but their power compensates.

jakdotdot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SI
Country flag
From a dig, a scatpack spins all day.
My car is on 265/35ZR18 300 treadwear Summer tires.
Full bolt ons, E85, tuned.
Wheels are 17 pounds each, some weight has been reduced between exhaust, wheels, tires, amongst other things.

@Seth_FC3 has witnessed more than one getting gapped by me.
a 392 is a heavy cow and on street tires it isn't going anywhere.

You're comparing a 4,250 pound car with 400ish horsepower to a car that weighs sub 2800 with more than half of what the scatpack makes.
So you beat the driver. A stock turbo SI isn't fast enough to beat the car.

FC3L15B7

I'm a machine.
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic 2 Door Coupe Si / 1993 Chrysler Intrepid 3.5L
Country flag
I think he's the only one who knows he's racing .... or maybe an SXT with some 392 badges on it.
Disclaimer: This is not a racing story - it's a story of how pathetic the old Ford Mustang V6 is. ;) Really, though, on the subject of your reply:

Reminds me many years ago - about 15 years ago - I was with my buddy and he was driving his parent's 1999 Mustang V6 convertible (basically, a slab of metal with a few hamsters working their wheels and rubber bands) on this local, somewhat twisty road and in the distance was a Dodge Viper. He said he was going to try to catch up to it and he had the pedal to the floor..trying so hard..and we never got anywhere close to it.

We just laughed because the Viper wasn't going fast and the driver was probably just chilling while my buddy is trying soo hard. haha.

I told you it wasn't a racing story - it was a not-even-coming-close-to-racing story. :rolleyes:

swah_fk7

Regamaster King
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just wanted to laugh at the guy who “walks all over 392 scat packs” with his si.

:lol:
You realize a civic making 300whp has a similar power to weight ratio a hellcat does right? We’re talking about a 4000ish pound car, on stock tires, racing my car, flexfuel tuned, full bolt ons 2800 pound car on 265 track tires. I never said “I walk all over them.” I said I walk them. Meaning that after 2nd gear I slowly creep further and further away from the car.

Last edited:

xcivicx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SI coupe in black
Country flag
let me see i had a 1988 accord lx 5 spd. 98 hp. 13inch stock tires. and have beat many a 200 hp car. why? they weren't racing, and neither was i. they did want to race at the next light tho.
just because i drive a lil quicker than most, they must have figured i was racing them. a jump on someone can go a long way.
have read 3rd gear in our car is really good for acceleration, better than most.

swah_fk7

Regamaster King
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
let me see i had a 1988 accord lx 5 spd. 98 hp. 13inch stock tires. and have beat many a 200 hp car. why? they weren't racing, and neither was i. they did want to race at the next light tho.
just because i drive a lil quicker than most, they must have figured i was racing them. a jump on someone can go a long way.
have read 3rd gear in our car is really good for acceleration, better than most.
@Seth_FC3 got left in the dust, he was behind me when I was beside the charger. We were racing. This went on till about 105 mph till I let off.

Seth_FC3

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SI coupe
Country flag
Like I said before, we both could tell the idiot driving was trying. You can hear the shitty straight pipe screaming for dear life

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
With more seat time, I think the OP will discover that the Si is one of the more driver-focused platforms in its class. But he seems blinded by the desire to go fastest from point A to point B on four wheels. :(

I agree with others about getting a base tune. The 1.5T lacks a bit of punch in the midrange compared with cars like the GTI, WRX, or Focus ST.

Maroco

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda civic lx 2020 civic si
Country flag
a tune is not the answer to everybody's problems, or issues, so stop going around telling every Joe on the board to get a tune :rolleyes:

we all get it, you like your tune, that doesn't mean everybody wants to go out and void their warranty,

a tune also doesn't change the car from FWD to RWD which is one of the things the OP is complaining about
Eh its good advice for someone wanting more power. He never told anyone to do anything, he offered his solution. Why so upset you gotta tell him what and what not to say?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.