mr.2018_SI

First Name
Didier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
OP made the wrong choice. He should cut his losses and get a muscle car with lots of torque. Maybe in a decade or two a car like ours will fancy him. At that age, I was driving Mustang Cobras and F150 Lightnings, so I get it. Go get the car you want, young lad!
Sponsored

HondaFanz2018

First Name
HondaFanz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si (Stolen), 2013 Honda Accord Sport V6
Country flag
I'm an old guy too like some other here. I think my first car was a 66 Buick Special. Then an early 60's Austin Healey Sprite of some flavor. Been buying imports since. Raced various classes in the S.C.C.A in the 80's. I know what fast and good handling is.

I sold my BMW M3 last summer and bought a 2020 Si. I have buyers remorse. Don't get me wrong, the Si is a nice little car (actually is bigger than the M3 was in length and width) in a lot of ways, but fast and good handling are not traits it has. It just doesn't feel "connected". It feels artificial. Hard to explain, some of you will get it.

Still trying to warm up to it, but I wouldn't buy another I don't think.

Guess I'm jut too old. I want my analog cars back!
:D
Now your talking my language. Owned several M3's and M5's before I bought my first Honda, which was a 1999 Type R EK9 (as a collector car) and a 2013 Accord Sport V6. My last BMW was an E39 with a 4.9L V8 and 6 speed manual. Loved that car to death but problem after problem. After changing the valve stem seals I sold it in 2014

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
Now your talking my language. Owned several M3's and M5's before I bought my first Honda, which was a 1999 Type R EK9 (as a collector car) and a 2013 Accord Sport V6. My last BMW was an E39 with a 4.9L V8 and 6 speed manual. Loved that car to death but problem after problem. After changing the valve stem seals I sold it in 2014
I’m sorry every time I hear or see 4.9 liter V8 I think of that horrible Pontiac 301 V8 and the turbo version also. technically the ford 302 V8
was a 4.9 liter but it sounded better calling it a 5.0 liter

HondaFanz2018

First Name
HondaFanz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si (Stolen), 2013 Honda Accord Sport V6
Country flag
I’m sorry every time I hear or see 4.9 liter V8 I think of that horrible Pontiac 301 V8 and the turbo version also. technically the ford 302 V8
was a 4.9 liter but it sounded better calling it a 5.0 liter
Probably a German thing. European cars are taxed by the liter, so it may have been a tax saving scheme

S7N57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 KIA STINGER GT1 AWD
Country flag
I had a 2019 Civic Sport long story short the Honda sensing shit went all crazy and left me and my brother stranded so had it towed to the dealer they did some software update and fed me some bullshit about the car not being energized. I sold the POS right after.

I think the Honda Sensing is a reliability issue and more trouble then it's worth. Needless to say I've got a 2020 Subaru STI now with none of that garbage I can't drive software. Don't get me wrong I think they are beautiful cars and a hell of a deal for what you get but my experience wasn't a good one cause I was bragging about the car to my brother and then the shit broke down and left us stranded.

Annexed

First Name
Austen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Playing devil's advocate:
With a Ktuner you will get about 217-237 horsepower for $900. If you add cold air intake, intercooler, and downpipe you can get it to 275HP. The clutch will probably have to be replace the clutch and clutch master cylinder. Everything roughly costing $5k (rough math). Or you could trade in your car for:
WRX: 268hp
Focus ST 252hp
Veloster N 275hp
Golf GTI 220 hp
Elantra N 276hp (coming soon)
Kia Stinger 365hp (sleeper w/ tune)
Nissan 370z 350hp
Porsche Cayman 987.2 265hp
Porsche Cayman 981 275hp
Dodge R/T 370hp
Mustang GT 450 hp
ALL BEFORE tunes.

Ditch the SI ?
If you want to focus on gas but still have fun
Miata ND
2022 BRZ coming soon
2017 BRZ / 86
Ditch the SI ?
Also if you want to see how fast the SI compares. Go on YouTube and watch Cameron Hill he does a bunch of races against the cars I stated above.
LASTLY you can make any car fast it just matters how much $ you want to put in

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
With a Ktuner you will get about 217-237 horsepower for $900.
Actually, more like $449. :cool: Plus, if you buy a V1.2 from Phearable or TSP you get one of their OTS tunes free.

Last edited:

xbbnx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si, 2017 Si (past), 2015 Si (past)
Country flag
Don't get me wrong, the Si is a nice little car (actually is bigger than the M3 was in length and width) in a lot of ways, but fast and good handling are not traits it has. It just doesn't feel "connected". It feels artificial. Hard to explain, some of you will get it.

This is bizzare to me. I have driven a lot of performance cars, I'll name a few.. Porshe Boxter S, STI, Veloster N, Miata Club, BRZ, Stinger, Polaris Slingshot, JCW, Grand Sport Vette, ZL1 Camaro, GT350, Model S Performance, GTI, G70 etc I can go on and on..driving performance cars in my free time is my hobby so I know what a performance car is supposed to feel like. Let me tell you, with the exception of maybe the Veloster N which really impressed me beyond expectation, I never got in my Si afterwards and felt like it wasn't fun or didn't feel "connected" or that I made a mistake. I guess to each there own but there isn't a car in the $20K-$30K range brand new that is this sharp, this connected, this responsive, and this fun to drive.

Last edited:

aaaaah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I'm an old guy too like some other here. I think my first car was a 66 Buick Special. Then an early 60's Austin Healey Sprite of some flavor. Been buying imports since. Raced various classes in the S.C.C.A in the 80's. I know what fast and good handling is.

I sold my BMW M3 last summer and bought a 2020 Si. I have buyers remorse. Don't get me wrong, the Si is a nice little car (actually is bigger than the M3 was in length and width) in a lot of ways, but fast and good handling are not traits it has. It just doesn't feel "connected". It feels artificial. Hard to explain, some of you will get it.

Guess I'm jut too old. I want my analog cars back!
:D
I agree with this. I miss my 235i every day. Make no mistake the Si would run rings around it on a shorter circuit, but the Si just doesn't provide the IT factor to me.

The Si is what I call an aggressively competent car, there is very little that it does wrong, most everything it does right, cars are just personal experiences for people.

Last edited:

jakdotdot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SI
Country flag
While the SI is very competent for what it is, I don't think it is very engaging to drive. The very pedestrian motor plays a significant part in this.

I don't know about the handling part... I'd wager you are on the AS for the SI and real performance tires on the M3/other cars.

KYRGYZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Civic LX, 18 Model X 100D
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
just put those yellow foam on your Si front bumper and trust me, everyone will be looking at you

Honda Civic 10th gen I Don’t Like My 2020 Civic Si Coupe 61rbuYuwx5L._AC_SL1000_

COOL COUPE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI coupe (red) Skunk 2 shift knob BOV Spacer Plate (red) K&N Panel Filter Dual Muffler Delete
Country flag
You know I felt the same way about EV's... until I drove one. I love the ICE, but EV's are way better in most ways. I don't want to bore you with a long story, but I leased a Hyundai Ioniq for my wife to replace her 2013 Toyota Sienna for her work commute and it's the best decision I've made all year. Just the gas savings alone is $1600 a year. Even having only 138 hp it drives better than most cars, and I've driven a lot of cars. All I'm saying is have an open mind and don't let the Fossil fuel industry brain wash you so they can hang on to their $20 Billion a year government handout. I know I ended up boring you so apologies in advance

The future is here, just embrace it
. Very good... I guess so ... I will have to have a more open mind.

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
. Very good... I guess so ... I will have to have a more open mind.
I know, I worded that pretty badly. I get that people outside of California aren't crazy about EV's. So I'll shut up now

COOL COUPE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI coupe (red) Skunk 2 shift knob BOV Spacer Plate (red) K&N Panel Filter Dual Muffler Delete
Country flag
Your words were right on. I agree with you. Have confidence! I do need to be more open minded.

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
I know, I worded that pretty badly. I get that people outside of California aren't crazy about EV's. So I'll shut up now
I have no problem with electric cars I’ve always thought a 1909 baker electric automobile was cool. I’ve operated a lot of electric forklifts and electric power whse equipment and I prefer a electric over a LP
forklift. And today with brushless motors and lithium polymer batterie s electric cars will go farther than electric vehicles in the past ( their probably more advanced than what I just stated) but I see a electric vehicle more in city driving which there is more stop and go and congestion if there’s more electric vehicle in a city less pollution too
and they could put more charging stations in a city. My only problem is running out of power it’s not like a gas powered car where you could pull in the nearest gas station
Sponsored