redcoats1976

First Name
jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic coupe,2015 camaro RS
Country flag
no,this is more like little flecks coming off from sand particles hitting the paint at 70 plus mph.think its from the federally mandated water based paint used nowadays.
Sponsored

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 sr5 access cab, 98 civic hx ej7, 2003 KLX400s
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
well this thread was a clusterfuck and a half lmao i can agree with some of the tech stuff being annoying but to me the car is quick i come from the offroad world where nothing is fast lmao so the si is a great daily but at the end of the day if you dont like it get rid of it. ive been there before with a kia i bought to save on gas ended up selling it 6 months later and bought my tacoma lmao

edit: i didnt save on gas lmao that thing gets 12-14mpg now haha

but you are also the same person that wont take your car to the dealer to get it fixed...

SiR

First Name
nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si, 2020 Civic Type R
Country flag
First question is, how old are you? Second question is, have you ever owned a tuner car as opposed to "American muscle"? (I have had both, not dogging you).. Thirdly, are you kidding us right now??? This has to be a joke..

How about reading the owner's manual and looking up youtube videos? You can literally turn all that Honda sensing crap off from the infotainment system.

Well, anyway, upside is that you can sell it for about what you paid for it. Post it on the classified forum on here and I'm sure someone will buy it fairly quickly.

If you're not happy with it than it's not the car for you and it probably wants a different home as well. Just my two cents.
I don't want to be Rude to OP, but i can't help but feeling the same way towards OP.

First, Honda has a long history of building good cars, including racing cars, and it's new turbos are some of the best in the market for the money and gas milage

Second, Honda has alway been about good handling, cornering, with just enough power. It's never about straight line acceleration. And be honest, I never liked American muscles that's about pure power but can't take a corner, and being pathetic on gas, and on track.

Third, I have owned a 10th gen Si, and I do agree the factory tune is lackluster. BUT, people buy those cars with tunability and modding in mind. I had a simple tune with my stock Si, and it was more than enough for daily fun. People buying honda know the brand. It seems like you haven't done your homework at all. I"m not surprised you are giving out the vibe of being young and quickly jump to conclusions.

Moreover, the new assists are optional. You just turn the lane assist off and it keeps off. WTH are you complaining about it??

Turtle3000

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe , 2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8 SE
Country flag
Yeah, dude you went from a faster car to a, without mods, slower car. You would have some fun with just a Tune, but honestly, I never "stepped down" a tier with cars so, I'm not sure you can ever feel good about it... Sorry dude. Also, I have the '18 Si Coupe and luckily they didnt put that awful Honda Sensing crap with that year.
Sponsored