I chose a civic sport touring over accord sport 2.0t

totopo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Ex Hatch, 370z
Country flag
I'm guessing maybe because the camry has always had a lead over the accord?

Still, nearly 20k is pretty good compared to some of the other also well known names like Sonata or the Mazda 6 (which is dismal in sales #'s).

Biggest surprise, Buick Regal.
yes, but you have to look at market share. The whole market is going down, but you are still competing with the other cars in the category. If you look at the data for year to date right before the new camry came out:

http://www.goodcarbadcar.net/2017/08/midsize-car-sales-in-america-july-2017/

you see that the accord was gaining on camry since the accord was only -5% and the camry was down -10%.

But look at the last 2 months and you see that the camry is actually one of the only cars in the segment gaining from last year (other than the regal with super low numbers and an improved car), and the accord is dropping, which is a huge change in market share, even though all the car magazines are car reviewers are saying the accord is a better car than the camry, people are buying more camry's.
Sponsored

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

DarthHatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatch Sport Manual
I am waiting for a good deal on lease for the Accord 2.0t, my wife lease on a sonata 2.0t limited its up in 2 months, I already paid it off but the money factor it’s ridiculous compared to the camry, and I think this might be a reason why it’s not selling, Accord .0022 vs Camry .00001 with $1,000 lease cash, I can get a new sonata 2.0t limited for $380/mo or Accord sport 2.0t for $450 with less features, if they don’t come with a good one I will have to look at an xse
Sponsored