I can't stop driving my car!!!

VinRRR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R16017
Country flag
Actually carbon builds up and does change the tone a bit. Being as drone was minimal and I istalled a few sheets of dynamat ($20 bucks worth) in the trunk that did the trick.
I'm thinking of Dynamatting the trunk also. I agree. The tone changes as the carbon builds up, but it's very minimal. I'm saying this because I've seen people getting exhausts that drone a lot and hope that it will go away.
Sponsored

ehCobra

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP Civic Type-R
Country flag
If I recall correctly, Dynamat is used to prevent things from vibrating while MLV (mass-loaded vinyl) is used for sound insulation. Maybe Dynamat would still help for you though?

tylermmorton

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R #1362
Country flag
If I recall correctly, Dynamat is used to prevent things from vibrating while MLV (mass-loaded vinyl) is used for sound insulation. Maybe Dynamat would still help for you though?
There's a huge difference even between having the seats up and the seats down. I think any type of extra insulation between the exhaust and the trunk floor could be beneficial. I'm curious now so I guess I'll do some research on both MLV and Dynamat and whatever other materials I can find.

ehCobra

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP Civic Type-R
Country flag
There's a huge difference even between having the seats up and the seats down. I think any type of extra insulation between the exhaust and the trunk floor could be beneficial. I'm curious now so I guess I'll do some research on both MLV and Dynamat and whatever other materials I can find.
I think that's the thing -- Dynamat is not meant to be used as an insulator. I'd love to be corrected, but back when I used Dynamat its purpose was just to prevent the speakers from distorting/resonating the body/door panels they're mounted in when the sound gets bumpin'.

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Cheaper than dynamat. Thinking of getting a pack for the family sedan. Adds weight at 0.7lb per sq ft.

Noico 80 mil 10 sqft car Sound deadening mat, Butyl Automotive Sound Deadener, Audio Noise Insulation and dampening https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01KZ5X7KO

OP
OP
ExVTEC

ExVTEC

First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
There's zero sound deadening from the factory so anything helps. You can hear the difference as you put it down. The bare metal almost had a "gong" to it. I put half on one side then hit the bare side and there's significant dampening. An empty hatch is almost like an echo chamber. There's probably a better solution than what I did but so far it did the job for a few bucks.

OP
OP
ExVTEC

ExVTEC

First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
Quick video merging onto hwy cruising 65mph in 6th gear.

MONK13

First Name
MIKE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CIVIC Si
Country flag
Seems a lot less noisy (interior cabin) than I thought it would be, did you replace the Rear Motor Mount yet?

MONK13

First Name
MIKE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CIVIC Si
Country flag
If increasing the noise, vibration, and harshness a bit is a plus for you as it lends itself to really being "tuned in" to your vehicle, I suggest replacing the stock rear motor mount. I replaced mine with the 27Won RMM but I think it would be over kill with your exhaust. Maybe a Hasport 62A or maybe just adding some Perrin Inserts into the stock mount will you give an idea of the effect it creates - pure joy! Replacing a RMM is soooo easy and very inexpensive. Check out other posts for Hasport, 27Won, Hardrace, Cusco mounts and see if it appeals to you. Not sure what the stock type R mount is rated at for hardness, inserts maybe all you need.
Sponsored