ExVTEC

First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
Installed an exhaust a few days ago and I'm loving it. I always hated the sound of the stock exhaust. I actually think it's is the most horrible sounding car I have ever heard.
My new GReddy Supreme SP is exactly what I was looking for. A nice bump in sound without breaking the bank. There was a little drone initially but it's pretty much gone.
Looking forward to my drive to work tomorrow :D
Heck I may run out now :p
Sponsored

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2020 Civic Type R SGP #36784
Country flag
enjoy

blitz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Installed an exhaust a few days ago and I'm loving it. I always hated the sound of the stock exhaust. I actually think it's is the most horrible sounding car I have ever heard.
My new GReddy Supreme SP is exactly what I was looking for. A nice bump in sound without breaking the bank. There was a little drone initially but it's pretty much gone.
Looking forward to my drive to work tomorrow :D
Heck I may run out now :p
I know the feeling :headbang:

ez12a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CW Type R
Country flag
So I guess you're not gonna get a WRX? Lol

TypeRNY

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I wonder what the greddy sp sounds like with a catless DP. i have an HKS Catless DP waiting for hondata to install. and I was going to keep stock exhaust But after seeing the greddy sp and how affordable it is i was thinking of the pulling the trigger. But i really dont want a stupid loud car. I had that with my subaru, im over it.

OrchidFc3

First Name
Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 1996 ITR, 1992 SI
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Got a sound clip?

OP
OP
ExVTEC

ExVTEC

First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
You may like the DP with stock exhaust. Plenty of vids with that on YouTube. No trustworthy installers by me so DP is not an option. So far I'm very happy with this setup.

I wonder what the greddy sp sounds like with a catless DP. i have an HKS Catless DP waiting for hondata to install. and I was going to keep stock exhaust But after seeing the greddy sp and how affordable it is i was thinking of the pulling the trigger. But i really dont want a stupid loud car. I had that with my subaru, im over it.

OP
OP
ExVTEC

ExVTEC

First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
LOL
Like I said hopefully the dyno tune will fix the issues I have. That said the exhaust was a definite improvement in sound with a small power bump.
So I guess you're not gonna get a WRX? Lol

ebatr24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
You may like the DP with stock exhaust. Plenty of vids with that on YouTube. No trustworthy installers by me so DP is not an option. So far I'm very happy with this setup.
Shame you aren't in my area, downpipe was actually pretty easy and went so smooth on my car when I did it. Downpipe makes the car so much more aggressive sounding, I felt the way you do now when I installed mine. I wish my exhaust was louder so I am in the market for one.

OP
OP
ExVTEC

ExVTEC

First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
Drones normally doesn’t go away. Your ears just adapt lol.
Actually carbon builds up and does change the tone a bit. Being as drone was minimal and I istalled a few sheets of dynamat ($20 bucks worth) in the trunk that did the trick.

MstrSHAKE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CW CTR
Country flag
I’m starting to REALLY get the itch for an exhaust myself. Stock was so boring. The Prl HVI helped a lot but now I need some type of exhaust note asap.

also my hvi doesn’t seem as loud as used to?

tylermmorton

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R #1362
Country flag
Actually carbon builds up and does change the tone a bit. Being as drone was minimal and I istalled a few sheets of dynamat ($20 bucks worth) in the trunk that did the trick.
Can you elaborate on what Dynamat is? I have the Greddy SP exhaust and the drone doesn't go away, even after ~40k miles with it

OP
OP
ExVTEC

ExVTEC

First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
Can you elaborate on what Dynamat is? I have the Greddy SP exhaust and the drone doesn't go away, even after ~40k miles with it
Matting used for car speakers to reduce vibration. Do you have the 2 tip or 3 tip Greddy SP?

tylermmorton

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R #1362
Country flag
Matting used for car speakers to reduce vibration. Do you have the 2 tip or 3 tip Greddy SP?
2 Tip! They drone pretty bad, especially on the highway in 6th with the seats down. I might try out that Dynamat idea. Sounds like it could be effective.
Sponsored