I can't believe this is how some Honda dealerships operate.

Troylee728

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R (Championship)
Country flag
They just slapped in 4 new plugs and new cylinder 4 coil. I'm not happy at how it was handled. Contemplated a few times about selling, especially with the current seller's market situation, but ultimately decided to keep it as I still really enjoy the car. I will hold on to it until 2024/2025 and see how the GT-R R34 market is.

I'm also the type that don't change out cars often. I will say though, this will be my last Honda vehicle I'll ever own.
Im with you, came from a Audi S4 6spd before this, with dual pulley super charged V6 setup and I gotta say I'm not impressed so fa,r 8 months of ownership maybe 5k miles (I work from home) and it's been in at the dealer 3x. This is my second time with this issue it was just there maybe 35 days ago for same issue, but anyway did you ever figure out like where the water is actually coming from I'd my thing! Because if you look at pic mine is bad in cylinder 4 for sure but even the rest of them have some corosion on them as well. Because if we're gunna keep the vehicle gotta figure out how to stop the water from getting in
Honda Civic 10th gen I can't believe this is how some Honda dealerships operate. qoLLRc
Sponsored

OP
OP
9000RPM

9000RPM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 CTR // '14 Cayenne
Country flag
Car is at dealer for same issue with water in cylinder 4 causing misfire!!! Dealer is trying to figure it out any1 got a fix??
Im with you, came from a Audi S4 6spd before this, with dual pulley super charged V6 setup and I gotta say I'm not impressed so fa,r 8 months of ownership maybe 5k miles (I work from home) and it's been in at the dealer 3x. This is my second time with this issue it was just there maybe 35 days ago for same issue, but anyway did you ever figure out like where the water is actually coming from I'd my thing! Because if you look at pic mine is bad in cylinder 4 for sure but even the rest of them have some corosion on them as well. Because if we're gunna keep the vehicle gotta figure out how to stop the water from getting in
qoLLRc.jpg
I'm suspecting that it is leaking through the vent hood while driving in the rain.

If you look at this post:
https://www.civicx.com/forum/thread...-honda-dealerships-operate.65061/post-1024617

you can see the water accumulating at this spot. Maybe while driving, the water sloshes towards the coil. For water to enter, it also means that the seal on the coil also failed. I don't know who the OEM manufacturer is for the ignition coil, but if it happens again, I'm replacing it with NGK 49183 or HITACHI IGC0095. No point in taking it back to Honda because they had the car for almost a month and all they did was new plugs and a new coil. I could've done that in an hour.

I really want to stick a GoPro in there and drive it in the rain, so it's still on my to-do list.

Best thing to do is file a report with NHTSA and if they get enough reports, it'll pressure Honda to investigate.

Last edited:
OP
OP
9000RPM

9000RPM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 CTR // '14 Cayenne
Country flag
I took out the coil yesterday to inspect and so far, it's holding. Only drove it in the rain twice since though.

As for the OEM coil, they are made by Hitachi. So I will probably order a NGK coil as a spare.

Honda Civic 10th gen I can't believe this is how some Honda dealerships operate. DYPyDQH
Sponsored