I am having the hardest time getting used to the dimensions of this car!

Tuishimi

Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport, Rally Red, 6 spd manual
Vehicle Showcase
I know this will sound stupid but... I have never had such a hard time judging front and side fenders... Today I pulled over by a curb and scratched my front right (black 18") wheel. :(

I will get the hang of it soon though. Does anyone else have difficulties judging this vehicle? :/ Or am am I the only person who is thus challenged. :)
Sponsored

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
Really depends on what you were used to driving!
For me and my seat position, the little knub in the middle of the dash (GPS receiver I think) is what I use to extrapolate how close I am to the curb.

Also you can get one of those angled small mirror sticky thingies for your right side mirror, to give you a good view of the curb next to you.

bembol

SHIFT_
First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK7 Sport Touring, 20 Audi Q3 Progressiv
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It takes awhile.

The first few days I had trouble with the Back Up Camera where I had to go old school and use the mirrors. LOL

Draken187

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 accord ex-l sedan, 2016 accord sport sedan, 2006 civic type r (in spain) and 2017 civic sedan ex-t w/manual transmission
Country flag
I know this will sound stupid but... I have never had such a hard time judging front and side fenders... Today I pulled over by a curb and scratched my front right (black 18") wheel. :(

I will get the hang of it soon though. Does anyone else have difficulties judging this vehicle? :/ Or am am I the only person who is thus challenged. :)
Agree 100 %. Last car that was like this at first was my 8th gen civic.. But i will get used to it

dblshock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Coupe touring WOP Toyota T4R '06
ya, I have a hard time in parking lots, that's new for me with this car..I cringe at the thought of my GF taking it to a mall with curbs and parking stops.

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
ya, I have a hard time in parking lots, that's new for me with this car..I cringe at the thought of my GF taking it to a mall with curbs and parking stops.
Just use 5/40 on your wheels too so they might just slip off curbs??

OP
OP
Tuishimi

Tuishimi

Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
So glad to know I am not alone! :D Thanks!

brclark80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, Rallye Red
Country flag
I have 22k miles and I just ran over a curb with my back tire a few days ago. I have to sit as low as possible being 6'5" and I just can't see.

GeoUSA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX Hatchback
Country flag
It takes time. Being seated low does not help. Also this is my first backup camera so I still rely on the mirrors while I adjust.

Sorry to hear about your wheel. Are you having more fun than in the Dodge Ram?

OP
OP
Tuishimi

Tuishimi

Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
It takes time. Being seated low does not help. Also this is my first backup camera so I still rely on the mirrors while I adjust.

Sorry to hear about your wheel. Are you having more fun than in the Dodge Ram?

Ohhhhh yes! :D Thank you!

PGrif

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback EX-L w/Nav
Country flag

Definitely not just you. Like you, I'll get used to it, but it's WAY harder to figure out where my car ends than my 9th Gen was. But, I wouldn't trade for anything, either.

grevic16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Coupe
The only dimensions I have trouble with, is why they didn't make the steering wheel telescope a few more inches. I like to lean back good, but I can't because the steering column doesn't come back far enough.

Draken187

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 accord ex-l sedan, 2016 accord sport sedan, 2006 civic type r (in spain) and 2017 civic sedan ex-t w/manual transmission
Country flag
The only dimensions I have trouble with, is why they didn't make the steering wheel telescope a few more inches. I like to lean back good, but I can't because the steering column doesn't come back far enough.
Time for steering wheel extenders!!! $$$
Sponsored