I accidentally reset my 2019 Honda Civic maintenance minder twice!

ChrisR

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic
Country flag
So I just reset my Honda maintenance minder twice 10 minutes ago, when I first got it it had 23 miles and I had to drive from California to New York. When I first reset it accidentally the oil life was at 80%. Then about 10 minutes ago I was messing around with it and it was at 50% B1 and then I reset it again accidentally. What should I do? I read that Honda recommends to have oil changed every 7500 miles. Right now my car has 5775 miles. So what should I do? When should I have my oil changed? Also the trip from California to New York was about 3400 miles FYI. I’ve had not problems with it but I’m just concerned about the oil since now I wont be able to know exactly when to have it changed.
Sponsored

bluehatch17

First Name
bluehatch17
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport touring hatchback. 2019 Coupe sport.
Country flag
Doing it at 7500 is fine. You’re not going to destroy your car if you are a couple hundred miles off here and there.

kimtyson

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Blue Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Relax, Chris. For one thing, the fact that most of your miles were a road trip from Cali to NY means that you already extended the oil life. Like Bluehatch17 said, changing around 7500 will be fine. Though I am not sure where you read a Honda recommendation because I don't really think there is any kind of maintenance schedule for the Civics. The MM does the work. Now, step away from the oil reset button and enjoy your new car.
Sponsored