First Name
Mathanael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Chevy Cruze, 2020 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I was looking at the only 2020 Black Si Coupe within 100mi. I called John Eagle Honda yesterday and bid on it for 25K OTD. they told me to come in, but when I was there they said 28.9k was the lowest OTD they could do. So I left and I was called back today and we settled on 26,250 OTD. So 26,250 + 750 GAP
Honda Civic 10th gen I’m here! 26k OTD & Tip to not get raped in finance pHZ4jc1
Honda Civic 10th gen I’m here! 26k OTD & Tip to not get raped in finance llDcCeZ

I love it so far

P.S.
Finance tried to rape me in interest. I did a corporate purchase with myself as a PG. he said the interest rate was 5.9% I asked him what my credit was he said 795 Lol. So I said naw I’ll back out the deal unless u give me 3.9% and nothing higher. He “called” his director in front of me and got it down to 3.9 lol. He tried to rape me in wheel and tire and other maintenance warranties. I declined but did take the GAP for 750. Be careful guys if u get a good deal on the front end you’ll get raped in finance if you don’t know. That’s because they want to make up for the loss in the frontend.

for those asking. Yes, I got raped on accessories. We only discussed OTD price and I’m happy with the OTD I got. I guess they wanted to make some
Money on it by lowering the price of the car

edit: After 2 days with the car I love it. However it does look like i may have been raped. After it all sunk in im looking at the $1200 protection and value package. I may go back to the dealer to get what's mine. If any of you were wondering yes, it did come with pinstripes aswell as all weather trunk mat door edge guards. Im going to find out about those packages first.

Last edited:

maggs_10thgen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe Old whips: 2005 RSX Type S, 2015 Civic Si Coupe, 1998 Integra GSR Green, 1998 Integra GSR Red
Country flag
Sweet deal and nice whip bro! I handed in my RSX Type S with over 100K and a bad 3rd gear. The front end was also shaking around after hitting a major pot hole and was unsafe. I walked out with my brand new 19 with 4 miles on it with 0 out of pocket on a lease with 15k miles per year. My payments are very low too and it can be had for under market value at the end. My only regret is the 2020 came out a couple months later. The dealer had told me there would be no refresh. Still a beautiful car with that blue though :D

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
The trick is to get a preapproved loan prior to heading to the dealership! This will give you more purchasing power.

My OTD was 27k only because tax is nearly 10% where I live... I declined all the dealer BS add-ons and such and they matched the 2.9% rate that my bank preapproved me for. They also tried to rape me in interest, but we agreed to $2k down + $25k financed through their bank @ 2.9%.

Maroco

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda civic lx 2020 civic si
Country flag
Welcome to the club bro! So sorry they charged you 200$ for pin stripes

OP
OP
Crakzor

Crakzor

First Name
Mathanael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Chevy Cruze, 2020 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Last edited:

maggs_10thgen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe Old whips: 2005 RSX Type S, 2015 Civic Si Coupe, 1998 Integra GSR Green, 1998 Integra GSR Red
Country flag
Ya it looks like it . I only talk

ya looks like it :( but I’m happy with the OTD price I got
Beautiful car and a pretty good OTD price. So they up-sold you on a few accessories. Not the end of the world. Enjoy the car :thumbsup: It's a well built piece of machinery

Last edited:

slab42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 PWP Si Sedan
Country flag
I hate when they try to jack up interest rate to make money off of you. Always get pre-approved through your bank before going to the dealer. That way if they think they will screw you on financing to make up the money they agreed to take off the car, you just tell them you're already pre-approved through your bank and magically they will meet or beat that rate.

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
Be careful guys if u get a good deal on the front end you’ll get raped in finance if you don’t know. That’s because they want to make up for the loss in the frontend.
To be frank, it doesn't matter if you got a good deal or not. They will try to rape you from both ends.

jgreen16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic EX Hatch, 1990 Chevrolet C1500
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just tell the F&I guy up front as soon as I sit down to sign the papers that I'm not interested in extended warranties, mop and glo packages, wheel protection, etc. Most take the hint and maybe just briefly mention these things, if at all.

But, when doing the paperwork for my daughter's 2017 EX-T, the guy just didn't get it, and just kept on and on. Finally I just said look, either you stop with this crap, or I walk.

Phy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic HB ST, '18 Civic HB EX, '04 Ford Ranger
Country flag
Welcome to the club bro! So sorry they charged you 200$ for pin stripes
My local dealers charge 80$, which is still ridiculous.

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Does this count as a good deal these days? Glad you’re happy with the car, not sure the advice is necessary, but enjoy.
One can do better certainly. But I think the Si is already a fantastic value at $25k. The 2020 even includes sensing and minor revisions; it’s even a better deal now. Yeah, it’s a mass-produced car, so standing firm on no dealer add-ons and having your own financing will result in a even better deal.

WOPSiWOT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
One can do better certainly. But I think the Si is already a fantastic value at $25k. The 2020 even includes sensing and minor revisions; it’s even a better deal now. Yeah, it’s a mass-produced car, so standing firm on no dealer add-ons and having your own financing will result in a even better deal.
Thread seems unnecessary is all I’m saying. Maybe at $21k you can start a stand-alone thread. Doesn’t seem like that great of a price to me. Not sure it warrants giving other people car buying advice at least.
Sponsored