blackie X

First Name
tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
How do you guys like the acuity short shifter for daily driving? I want one, but Im worried that it might get tiresome. I commute about 70 miles a day, but it is mostly highway.

Also, @blackie X is that a 27won shift knob? If so, I totally get why you cut that rod, that knob is pretty tall. I have one on my SI right now, and I definitely want to lower it because it sits way higher than stock. How do you like your setup?
so far i like the acuity shifter, it is a bit stiff right now but others have stated the spring looses with more use. i dont think you would get tiresome if most of your commute is highway. the gears are relatively easy to shift into, the hardest ones so far that take the most effort are getting to 5th and reverse. That is the 27won shift knob, and the exact reason why i cut the bottom of the ROD. the height now with that shifter makes shifting so much fun in this car.

Today after i got new tires and my misimoto braided clutch line in i backed my passenger side mirror into the side of my garage and busted the mirror up good, luckily the camera is fine so hopefully i can get it fixed for under $300. i just nipped the outside edge before the garage opens up more it sucks bad, but at least its just a mirror and not any car damage.
Sponsored

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How do you guys like the acuity short shifter for daily driving? I want one, but Im worried that it might get tiresome. I commute about 70 miles a day, but it is mostly highway.

Also, @blackie X is that a 27won shift knob? If so, I totally get why you cut that rod, that knob is pretty tall. I have one on my SI right now, and I definitely want to lower it because it sits way higher than stock. How do you like your setup?
2020 Type R OEM Shifter FTW!
Honda Civic 10th gen Hybrid Shifter or Acuity Shifter? 82D0B34F-D9E1-4BB0-85FC-282C4EC07022
Honda Civic 10th gen Hybrid Shifter or Acuity Shifter? C7C9A0F0-62C2-4F04-BE4B-13FB30C5DC9B
Honda Civic 10th gen Hybrid Shifter or Acuity Shifter? 2E7F98A0-BB3D-4606-B223-CDE59A718EAC

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Brian_Escobar

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I installed the 2020 shifter about a month ago but took it off recently. Mostly because I ordered another shift knob that required more thread. But... I felt my 2017 CTR shifter with the acuity add ons felt better. I did install the 2020 as is without any acuity parts besides the base bushings. It did feel good and better than an 17 OEM CTR shifter. Might try again in the future with the acuity rocker arm.

Honda Civic 10th gen Hybrid Shifter or Acuity Shifter? 332F4DE7-025D-4BF7-BB31-4FE32CE989AF

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
All you added was the acuity arm?
All I added was the acuity shifter base bushings and brass bushing to replace the shifter rod bushing on the bottom. I tried to add the rocker arm but it was too stiff for the shifter.
Honda Civic 10th gen Hybrid Shifter or Acuity Shifter? C5711BF1-A0FE-4E8A-ACBE-9EA72B757BB0
Honda Civic 10th gen Hybrid Shifter or Acuity Shifter? BFF1AE2F-22D4-4816-8DAC-D7238F227225

ebatr24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
If anyone is looking to go from the Acuity shifter to the Hybrid Racing in Red, hit me up. I miss my acuity shifter, it was much more versatile in my opinion.

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

HybridRacing

Elite Sponsor
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Civic Type R
Country flag

If you're interested in using one of our shifters, shoot us a DM. We are offering special discounts to members of the CivicX forum.

saiko21

First Name
Sai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan (Sold) , 2005 Toyota Corolla (Sold)
Country flag
If anyone is looking to go from the Acuity shifter to the Hybrid Racing in Red, hit me up. I miss my acuity shifter, it was much more versatile in my opinion.
are you selling Hybrid racing shifter?

blackie X

First Name
tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
there is no better upgrade for this car than the acuity shifter, i cant say enough good things about this shifter. My fiancé even told me its the best upgrade I've done to much car to date! Yes I let my lady drive my Si whenever she wants to, I taught her how to drive stick in case I'm ever over served. THIS IS FOR SURE A MUST BUY! if you want the best shifting experience in your car don't hesitate ACUITY knocked it out of the park.

ACUITY

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
there is no better upgrade for this car than the acuity shifter, i cant say enough good things about this shifter. My fiancé even told me its the best upgrade I've done to much car to date! Yes I let my lady drive my Si whenever she wants to, I taught her how to drive stick in case I'm ever over served. THIS IS FOR SURE A MUST BUY! if you want the best shifting experience in your car don't hesitate ACUITY knocked it out of the park.
??????