123sillyboy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thank you so much!

The CTR is my daily driver and I've never had the pleasure of using an Acuity shifter. I'm thinking maybe the Hybrid may be a better choice for me personally to kind of transition to something not as mechanical as the Acuity, but that's just a guess.

My previous car had a very sloppy shift, so moving to the CTR felt great, but now I'm curious to go one step further.

I'm starting by just replacing the cable bushings to see how that feels and then maybe I'll go with Hybrid considering I can save some money and I'm not tracking the car, plus there's less to fiddle with. Haha

Thanks again!
In terms of cable bushing, i upgraded it prior to HR short shifter.
After installation there is little to no wiggle in the shifter while in neutral. Other than that, the feeling of shifting into each gate is exactly the same. The bushings didn't make any difference in that regard. It is the actual shifter that change the gate spacing.
Sponsored

GenXCTR

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
In terms of cable bushing, i upgraded it prior to HR short shifter.
After installation there is little to no wiggle in the shifter while in neutral. Other than that, the feeling of shifting into each gate is exactly the same. The bushings didn't make any difference in that regard. It is the actual shifter that change the gate spacing.
Thank you for the clarification. I think having the lack of wiggles in gears will be a welcome change to start with, plus I'll already have my intake out for changing to the PRL HV Intake, so it should be an easy little swap. The hybrid shifter might come this year, but not quite yet. Feel free to keep us posted on your thoughts as time goes on.

I82MUCH

First Name
SNACKDADDY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW FK8, 2019 SGP FK7
Country flag
I bought the Acuity short shifter assembly and it's great. I drive an 18 Type R. Throws are shorter. Feels more like a racecar. The only I do not like about it is how stiff the shifter is. It's nice when really throwing it in gear but for daily driving, it's sometimes a pain in the ass. Overall, I would give it a sold 9/10.

ACUITY

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
would a change in shifter get rid of those crunchy/grindy shifts?
Precision helps remedy a lot of the shortcomings of the 10th's shifting setup. If you want to try to solve it on a smaller budget, the biggest helper for this issue on the 10ths is our Rocker Upgrade (which works on the OEM shifter) which fits on the OEM shifter (our full shifter has essentially the same thing built int).

ShadowFiend

SanaBanana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
Precision helps remedy a lot of the shortcomings of the 10th's shifting setup. If you want to try to solve it on a smaller budget, the biggest helper for this issue on the 10ths is our Rocker Upgrade (which works on the OEM shifter) which fits on the OEM shifter (our full shifter has essentially the same thing built int).
Interested! I want to upgrade the shifter but i have never actually had any experience on working with cars. I can't even pop the shift collar to change my shift knob! lol! I am saving up for the full kit instead

ACUITY

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Interested! I want to upgrade the shifter but i have never actually had any experience on working with cars. I can't even pop the shift collar to change my shift knob! lol! I am saving up for the full kit instead
We have a few options, but I'd suggest the Stage 2 kit or Stage 3. Stage 1 gives a noticable improvement, but it's more focused at just firming things up. Stage 2 starts to address precision issues with OEM components. To get an idea of what you're in for when you go to install, spend some time on our Youtube channel (youtube.com/acuityinstruments) and checkout our install videos for the 10th gen. We have a bunch of them, and they'll walk you through console removal and all of the nitty-gritty details involved.

2020MSMcivicSI

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
We have a few options, but I'd suggest the Stage 2 kit or Stage 3. Stage 1 gives a noticeable improvement, but it's more focused at just firming things up. Stage 2 starts to address precision issues with OEM components.
Just finished my install of Stage 2 kit on a Type R shifter yesterday (I have an SI so I bought the 2020 type R shifter to get shorter throws), and for me, this is the perfect setup for daily driving. Buying the Type R shifter + the stage 2 kit for type R is also cheaper than the just the Acuity stage 2 kit for SI, so I call this a win-win-win.

I can say there is a huge difference between stock SI and Type R shifter + stage 2 parts. (No offence to anyone who says its not that big of a change). Everything is tighter and even though there is more effort to go into a gear, the shifter really does "fall" into gear once you apply enough force. Very little wiggle in gear and the neutral spring is on point. I have never had the even gear crunch so I guess I'm lucky but can say the parts are definitely worth it. There is also more "feedback" felt through the sifter... little vibrations based on rpm. I need more time with the sifter to get a full view but loving it so far.

I also recommend the throttle pedal spacer by Acuity, just don't try position A first... it puts the pedal really close to the driver!

Just another data point here for anyone considering the full shifter.

ShadowFiend

SanaBanana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
Just finished my install of Stage 2 kit on a Type R shifter yesterday (I have an SI so I bought the 2020 type R shifter to get shorter throws), and for me, this is the perfect setup for daily driving. Buying the Type R shifter + the stage 2 kit for type R is also cheaper than the just the Acuity stage 2 kit for SI, so I call this a win-win-win.

I can say there is a huge difference between stock SI and Type R shifter + stage 2 parts. (No offence to anyone who says its not that big of a change). Everything is tighter and even though there is more effort to go into a gear, the shifter really does "fall" into gear once you apply enough force. Very little wiggle in gear and the neutral spring is on point. I have never had the even gear crunch so I guess I'm lucky but can say the parts are definitely worth it. There is also more "feedback" felt through the sifter... little vibrations based on rpm. I need more time with the sifter to get a full view but loving it so far.

I also recommend the throttle pedal spacer by Acuity, just don't try position A first... it puts the pedal really close to the driver!

Just another data point here for anyone considering the full shifter.
Thank you for that. How much is your total expense if you don't mind me asking?

2020MSMcivicSI

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
Thank you for that. How much is your total expense if you don't mind me asking?
2020 Type-R Shifter - 32 + 13 shipping = $45
Acuity Stage 2 Kit - 225 + free shipping = $225

The type-r shifter was purchased from one of the online oem honda parts sellers... just find one closest to you to minimize shipping.
The Acuity was purchased from their website.

Part number for the shifter is 54100-TGH-G01... be careful when ordering the shifter, the difference between 2019 and 2020 is only 1 letter. The 2020 shifter is supposedly shorter than the 2019. (according to honda press releases for 2020 type-r)

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
2020 Type-R Shifter - 32 + 13 shipping = $45
Acuity Stage 2 Kit - 225 + free shipping = $225

The type-r shifter was purchased from one of the online oem honda parts sellers... just find one closest to you to minimize shipping.
The Acuity was purchased from their website.

Part number for the shifter is 54100-TGH-G01... be careful when ordering the shifter, the difference between 2019 and 2020 is only 1 letter. The 2020 shifter is supposedly shorter than the 2019. (according to honda press releases for 2020 type-r)
I bought the 2020 Type R shifter but haven't installed it yet. Was trying to decide If I want to buy all the supporting Acuity mods or just get their adjustable shifter and call it a day. It's quite the task to get access to the shifter, so rather just do it once lol. You didn't try the 2020 shifter without the mods by chance, did you?

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I bought the 2020 Type R shifter but haven't installed it yet. Was trying to decide If I want to buy all the supporting Acuity mods or just get their adjustable shifter and call it a day. It's quite the task to get access to the shifter, so rather just do it once lol. You didn't try the 2020 shifter without the mods by chance, did you?
You can’t run an adjusted short shifter adapter since they made the 2020 type r shifter shorter already. Also couldn’t run it on the 17-19 models either as acuity and hybrid racing stated

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
You can’t run an adjusted short shifter adapter since they made the 2020 type r shifter shorter already. Also couldn’t run it on the 17-19 models either as acuity and hybrid racing stated
I think you maybe misunderstood me. I bought the OEM 2020 Type R shifter assembly from Honda for my 2019 Si. I was debating on if I should get the upgraded bits (spring, rocker, base bushings) and add them to the 2020 R shifter, or if I should just get the whole ~$475 Acuity shifter instead.

Was curious how the 2020 Type R shifter felt in your Si before you put the Acuity stuff on, but you probably installed everything at once.

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I think you maybe misunderstood me. I bought the OEM 2020 Type R shifter assembly from Honda for my 2019 Si. I was debating on if I should get the upgraded bits (spring, rocker, base bushings) and add them to the 2020 R shifter, or if I should just get the whole ~$475 Acuity shifter instead.

Was curious how the 2020 Type R shifter felt in your Si before you put the Acuity stuff on, but you probably installed everything at once.
Oh I have the Hybrid Racing full short shifter but was thinking about selling it and have some extra cash on hand and getting the 2020 R shifter instead since no work in Cali rn because of Bay Area Lockdown

LanceSI-10thgen

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic SI Sedan 2018 (Aegean Blue)
Country flag
I am somewhat building a short throw shifter set-up myself since I cant really afford the full Acuity assembly. This is what I have so far...

1) Type R 10th Gen Shifter assembly $45
2) Acuity Base Bushings $20
3) Acuity Short Shifter Springs $24
5) Torque Solutions Short Shifter Adapter$53

So far, my total is $142. I will install this set up and see. I am contemplating on getting the Acuity Cable Bushings which is another $70. That will put my total to $212. I also contemplated on getting the Acuity POCO shifter knob which is around $80 but it is now unavailable anywhere even in the Acuity Instruments website. So, I might consider shortening then rethreading the shift rod as @Jeffers suggested in this thread (that was genius).

So, all in all I think I can achieve a short throw that I can live with.

Honda Civic 10th gen Hybrid Shifter or Acuity Shifter? Screen Shot 2020-03-17 at 7.11.12 PM
Sponsored