jmark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 NSX-T & 2021 Civic Type R LE USA-029
Country flag
i kept the stock shift knob and so far i've been liking it. let's see what the new spring does.
I drove my son's CTR with the Hybrid Short Shifter and the stock knob at stock height vs. a heavier knob. I much preferred the stock knob. The height matters as well. If you lower it too much it became very hard to find the gates etc. Once he raised the shifter up to the OEM height it was much improved. He has the shifter set at the shorter gate spacing.
Sponsored

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
I had mine installed on 12/26 and after driving it for about 100 miles around town and on the freeway. I tried to go through as many gears as i could going up and downshifting just to get a feel for it. I have to say going into any of the even gears feels much better then it used to.
This can be said about the stock shifter too... When I had mine replaced (threads ended up stripped on the shifter), the new one felt substantially better than the old one. That being said, the real test would be to test everything as worn in/broken in. So basically, break all three shifters in (stock, Hybrid, Acuity) and see how they feel against each other. I also did see that Mugen has a short shifter for the CTR as well (according to RDH Japan's website).

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
My stock shifter always felt kind of notchy even when I first got it. The one thing I noticed especially. Besides being shorter is the play ok the shifter. It doesn't have as much movement while in gear(wiggle room). The biggest one I feel the difference in is going from 1st to 2nd and 3rd to 2nd.
When I got my stock shifter replaced (with a stock one), it was a lot stiffer and felt a lot notchier in feel. It also felt a little more engaging and gave a positive feeling/response when being put in and out of gear. As it wore down, it began to feel a little sloppier. Age makes a big difference, and for the most part, if you're comparing a new part with an old part (new Hybrid Racing vs old other) it may not be the fairest of comparisons. The issue is that shifters take a few weeks to break in, some longer.

TypeRNY

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Install went great!! Love the feel of shifting.
20200117_114745.jpg
Do you leave the shift boot off?
I saw someone did an install but it removed the ring below the shift knob? How do i obtain that look? Debating if i want to just leave the boot off

FK8_Rios

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I saw someone did an install but it removed the ring below the shift knob? How do i obtain that look? Debating if i want to just leave the boot off
I chose to leave it off. I can put it back on but I like looking at it. I just put the locking nut on the shifter and screwed on my shift knob.

omar0123

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 type r
Country flag
Shift boot fits just as oem i installed the hybrid shister with acuity poco adjusted to my liking fits perfect no problem at all

123sillyboy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So i end up buying both, installed both..
Hybrid racing is smooth but spring is stupid soft even with their super stiff sprinf.
I am with acuity now, shift feel alot more sporty. Spring is way stiffer.

Honda Civic 10th gen Hybrid Racing Short Shifter 20200316_204949

Honda Civic 10th gen Hybrid Racing Short Shifter 20200316_205029

Honda Civic 10th gen Hybrid Racing Short Shifter 20200316_210540

18RRtypeR

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R #6850, 2015 Toyota TRD PRO 4Runner
Country flag
Does the Acuity stretch the cables. I remember someone saying something about it. I have the full acuity shifter and love it.

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Does the Acuity stretch the cables. I remember someone saying something about it. I have the full acuity shifter and love it.
iirc that's when the short shift adapter for si is installed on fk8 shifter assembly

VinRRR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R16017
Country flag
I’m been wondering if we can fit a gated shifter cover there instead of a shift boot? That would be awesome!

Honda Civic 10th gen Hybrid Racing Short Shifter 35BC73FF-A438-4BFF-A4CC-F7190782A7E4

omar0123

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 type r
Country flag
I have my hybrid with new even stiffer spring provided free from hybrid racing it feels much better nice and short and precise

RedGiant217

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Honda Accord
Country flag
I have my hybrid with new even stiffer spring provided free from hybrid racing it feels much better nice and short and precise
How did you go about getting it? It's not listed on their website as far as I can tell.
Sponsored