Hybrid racing short shifter problem

123sillyboy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I installed the new Hybrid racing short shift..
It was installed properly, tighten properly.
But infind that the shift rod would gradually swivel toward left side in a few days. i remove the trim, reset it .. tighten it..and it again gradually move to left after 3 days ..
Now i have done the adjustment 3 to 4 times already .. it is very annoying anyone experience this problem and have possible solution?
Sponsored

HybridRacing

Elite Sponsor
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Civic Type R
Country flag
Sounds like it’s not tight enough. This is not a common issue and is typically solved by really torquing on that bolt.
If you do that and still have issues please contact us directly and we can send you a new offset to try.
Usually those bolts just need to be really tight.

-David

OP
OP
123sillyboy123

123sillyboy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sounds like it’s not tight enough. This is not a common issue and is typically solved by really torquing on that bolt.
If you do that and still have issues please contact us directly and we can send you a new offset to try.
Usually those bolts just need to be really tight.

-David
Hi David,
I torque it as tight as i can but i still need to readjust it every 3 days..
Not sure whats wrong.
It would be nice if you can replace that part.
I am annoyed taking off the trim twice a week.

Thank you

Phy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic HB ST, '18 Civic HB EX, '04 Ford Ranger
Country flag
I had that problem too. I took some course sand paper to the shaft and coated it in blue locktite, then torqued it as tight as possible. Hasn't moved since.

HybridRacing

Elite Sponsor
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Civic Type R
Country flag
Please contact us directly so we can assist you with that. You shouldn't have to do any of that.

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic sedan lx 6mt and 2018 Honda Civic hatchback ex auto
Country flag
I’ve had mine in for about a month now and it is solid. I don’t even think I tightened it very much because I was afraid of over tightening it. Are you talking about the shaft turning? Are you sure it’s not the shift knob turning and not the shaft itself?

Phy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Please contact us directly so we can assist you with that. You shouldn't have to do any of that.
It's smooth metal on smooth metal. I think the shaft should have some cross hatches or something so the clamp style upper has something to bite into

HybridRacing

Elite Sponsor
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Civic Type R
Country flag
It's smooth metal on smooth metal. I think the shaft should have some cross hatches or something so the clamp style upper has something to bite into
That will not increase grip.

A smooth shaft, machined to exact tolerances will have more surface area and more clamping force. We previously made straight knobs with knurling to increase the bite, but in fact if the rod spins it will remove the material on the inner bore of the offset. Once that happens the item is no longer in-tolerance and will continue to spin no matter what. We moved to all smooth rods because of that.

HybridRacing

Elite Sponsor
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Civic Type R
Country flag
I’ve had mine in for about a month now and it is solid. I don’t even think I tightened it very much because I was afraid of over tightening it. Are you talking about the shaft turning? Are you sure it’s not the shift knob turning and not the shaft itself?
Typically only a little force is required to lock it in place. You shouldn't have to crank on anything to keep it from turning.

Phy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
That will not increase grip.

A smooth shaft, machined to exact tolerances will have more surface area and more clamping force. We previously made straight knobs with knurling to increase the bite, but in fact if the rod spins it will remove the material on the inner bore of the offset. Once that happens the item is no longer in-tolerance and will continue to spin no matter what. We moved to all smooth rods because of that.
Well then I don't know what my issue was.

HybridRacing

Elite Sponsor
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Civic Type R
Country flag
Well then I don't know what my issue was.
I don't either. It could be a defect in the machining of the offset. Either way, a new offset would probably resolve it, but if you've sanded and glued it on, there isn't much we can do about it now.

Phy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I don't either. It could be a defect in the machining of the offset. Either way, a new offset would probably resolve it, but if you've sanded and glued it on, there isn't much we can do about it now.
It's not moving, so I'm good with it.

OP
OP
123sillyboy123

123sillyboy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I am scratching my head .. i even have a professional mechanic who work wxtensively with 10gen civic to install it ... and i tighten that bolt alot.
I reset it 2 days ago.. and guess what, today the 2nd gear gate is literally ~1mm from rubbing..

Well, HR has sent out the parts for me to fix this issue, i will give feedback after.

Honda Civic 10th gen Hybrid racing short shifter problem 20200309_145801