HVAC getting cabin too hot

absolude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KW SC 2007 CSX Type S, 2023 PWP Si
Country flag
I'm always happy with the temperature set at 21 Celsius(70 Fahrenheit) in the cold time of the year in pretty much all my cars, except the 2018 Hatchback.
It overshoots the set temperature by quite a bit and I have to set it at about 19C in order to feel comfortable.
I once tried with two thermometers, one placed about where the armrest is, no direct air flow hitting it. The other resting against the vent. In a few minutes the temperature was about 23C and the vent thermometer was showing higher, which means it was blowing hotter air still.
Anyone experiencing this?
Sponsored

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yes, with two different civics,a 17 and an 18. I find myself having to turn the temp down to 68 or less to keep from roasting.

OP
OP

absolude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yes, with two different civics,a 17 and an 18. I find myself having to turn the temp down to 68 or less to keep from roasting.
Interesting, the dealer said they compared it to a new Civic and it did the same thing.
Thanks for chiming in!

Daniel644

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T Sedan, 2003 Trailblazer LS, 1999 Pontiac Firebird
Country flag
not sure what the problem is here, set the temp where it is comfortable, who cares what the arbitrary number on the screen says, before you had a car that had numbers and just had a temp slider or dial did you care what the exact temperature number was, no you simply set it where it was comfortable. I mean this isn't like whether the girl is 17 or 18, you aren't going to jail if the actual number is too low here ;).

but to be serious for a minute if you read post #9 from this thread https://www.civicx.com/threads/auto-button-missing-the-obvious.35346/ it describes the location of the interior temperature sensor, ensure nothing is blocking it as that could cause inaccurate readings which could be a source of your issue, it could also be the sensor itself, apparently it costs around $40 USD (from a comment I saw in another thread here) or you could just not worry about it and set it where it's comfortable, the temperature coming out of the vent should be hotter then the target temp otherwise no heating would occur, hell I have a Gas Furnace at home and the temperature is set to 72 Fahrenheit but the vent temp is upwards of 110-115 mid cycle, Electric Central heat usually runs about 5-10 degrees hotter then ambient in houses, this is simply how heating works.

OP
OP

absolude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
not sure what the problem is here, set the temp where it is comfortable, who cares what the arbitrary number on the screen says, before you had a car that had numbers and just had a temp slider or dial did you care what the exact temperature number was, no you simply set it where it was comfortable. I mean this isn't like whether the girl is 17 or 18, you aren't going to jail if the actual number is too low here ;).

but to be serious for a minute if you read post #9 from this thread https://www.civicx.com/threads/auto-button-missing-the-obvious.35346/ it describes the location of the interior temperature sensor, ensure nothing is blocking it as that could cause inaccurate readings which could be a source of your issue, it could also be the sensor itself, apparently it costs around $40 USD (from a comment I saw in another thread here) or you could just not worry about it and set it where it's comfortable, the temperature coming out of the vent should be hotter then the target temp otherwise no heating would occur, hell I have a Gas Furnace at home and the temperature is set to 72 Fahrenheit but the vent temp is upwards of 110-115 mid cycle, Electric Central heat usually runs about 5-10 degrees hotter then ambient in houses, this is simply how heating works.
Thanks for the link. Peace of mind knowing the sensor is not too expensive and easy to locate.
Off course is not a big problem, just made me realize I took it for granted the other cars were so consistent. It's easy to adjust but I was worried it may not be reading consistent.
The location of the sensor explains it in a way. Even with the warm air blowing somewhere down there, by the knees is a bit colder and that's where the sensor is.
Sponsored