Allgoodl15

First Name
Leeanna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
To make a long story short.. my husband drove through some water on a road. The car shut off and the pushed it. Now the lights will come on and it will click, but won’t turn over. He said there was a tiny bit of water in the oil when they checked it. Air filter was half soaked, half not soaked. It is a Honda Civic 2017 EX.
I would like some advice or stories.
Sponsored

Snidely

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 civic si
Country flag
To make a long story short.. my husband drove through some water on a road. The car shut off and the pushed it. Now the lights will come on and it will click, but won’t turn over. He said there was a tiny bit of water in the oil when they checked it. Air filter was half soaked, half not soaked. It is a Honda Civic 2017 EX.
Sounds like an insurance claim. Definitely don't start it while there is water still in the engine.

biosses

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag

could be hydrolocked

zhendexing

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It happened to me two weeks ago and my car was totalled. Go file a claim with your insurance.

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
Time for a new husband.

Lifesabeach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sport Hatchback 1.5 T
Country flag
Definately hydrlocked which usually means a new engine

@thatblu_si

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Aegean Blue 2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Call me lucky but about a month ago i got caught in a flashflood while looking at apartments with my wife. I sh*t you not i had water coming over my hood at times (im dropped 4 inches) and i had water going in my exhaust. The stock intake on the Si sits really high up basically with a scoop by the hood and the alternator is behind the motor up real high under the manifold. I thank god i didnt hydrolock but at the same time i wonder how bad the water has to be for someone to actually hydrolock their motors on these cars, unless you have a CAI which then is completely understandable. I popped open my airbox when i made it home and not even a drop of water inside or on the filter

ryanfk7

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic ‘17 Hatch EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I went through water in my 2017 ex almost to the top of the wheels (stock height) and I just gassed it, never stop, never let it idle just keep pushing lol. Luckily I didn’t have an issue. In my case, there was literally no way to turn around. Barrier in the middle of the highway and about 50 cars behind me. At the time I had the Mishimoto intake so it deleted the intake resonator on the bottom, I think this is why I got so lucky, the only place for water to get in is at the front “scoop”. Sorry to hear this happened to you, but also glad to hear you’re both okay!
Sponsored