First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Sedan EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Oh yeah the insurance companies stand to win in the long run.
Sponsored

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
There was a news story this morning here in Dallas about how long term this wont hurt insurance companies because they have hundreds and hundreds of millions in RESERVE, so they may see a short term hit to the bottom line but their year long outlooks will still be fine. Im rolling my eyes as I type this bc I know when my homeowners and car come up for renewal, they will raise my rates and give me that exact excuse about Harvey.....
Yep our insurances went up after the floods here in 2011 and from Sandy. (Actually, maybe that was the same year? Geez I forget. It really didn't affect me personally, luckily).

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Shit our insurance rates just went up a couple months ago here because the driver's are such shit, or at least that's the excuse when you ask them why the hell my insurance just went up $20 a month on my car.

sonicBOOMgray

Banned
Civic was washed away in Houston Harvey maelstrom
Banned
First Name
UNK (uncle)
Threads
Reaction score
my LX was scathed in Harvey...Houston 42 feet unda
Website
a.msn.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Hatch PMM LX HS 0w-20 FF 5650 miles, 06 Accord V6 MC 5w-20, 95 SC300 V6 QS 10w-30
Ghies, Let us get back on topic up in hure and get back to the victims of Harvey, namely, The Op and I. Now what is this about Walmart donating 1 mill to JJ Watt's charity for Harvey. Does JJ Watt get money by Face alone. jew KNOW What I mean?

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR#1348
Country flag
I hope the people in charge understands that water and food are the most critical for Houston and the sounding areas right now! some people may not have a clean drink of water or bite of food for the pass couple of days...so even before they dry out, there are couple item that is very important water and food!

OP
OP
zroger73

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
I hope the people in charge understands that water and food are the most critical for Houston and the sounding areas right now! some people may not have a clean drink of water or bite of food for the pass couple of days...so even before they dry out, there are couple item that is very important water and food!
And, apparently, gasoline. Yesterday, the Dallas/Ft. Worth area was running out of gas not so much due to insufficient supplies, but more so due to baseless panic. This morning, the panic hit East Texas. Lines are long and stations are running out of gas. There's no problem with supply - delivery trucks are refilling tanks as fast or faster than normal, but too many people are deciding to fill up all at once. Surely, this won't last but another day or two as everyone's tanks eventually become full.

I filled up the Ridgeline after work yesterday because it was time - not because of panic - and had no wait to get gas, although prices were up about 20 cents from last week. The Civic has a full tank as well. Hopefully, this senselessness will have passed by the time I refuel next.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
And, apparently, gasoline. Yesterday, the Dallas/Ft. Worth area was running out of gas not so much due to insufficient supplies, but more so due to baseless panic. This morning, the panic hit East Texas. Lines are long and stations are running out of gas. There's no problem with supply - delivery trucks are refilling tanks as fast or faster than normal, but too many people are deciding to fill up all at once. Surely, this won't last but another day or two as everyone's tanks eventually become full.

I filled up the Ridgeline after work yesterday because it was time - not because of panic - and had no wait to get gas, although prices were up about 20 cents from last week. The Civic has a full tank as well. Hopefully, this senselessness will have passed by the time I refuel next.
All this because QT issued a statement saying they were going to allow some stations to run out so they could keep 84 other local stations completely stocked. The news picks this story up, runs it as there is a gas shortage in N. Texas and all hell breaks loose. People with 3/4 of a tank waiting in 1 hr lines to top off. If idiots would just have gone about getting gas as they normally would, there wouldnt even be a news story.

I literally could not drive in the right lane of any city street with a gas station bc lines were blocking traffic

sonicBOOMgray

Banned
Civic was washed away in Houston Harvey maelstrom
Banned
First Name
UNK (uncle)
Threads
Reaction score
my LX was scathed in Harvey...Houston 42 feet unda
Website
a.msn.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Hatch PMM LX HS 0w-20 FF 5650 miles, 06 Accord V6 MC 5w-20, 95 SC300 V6 QS 10w-30
If idiots would just have gone about getting gas as they normally would, there wouldnt even be a news story.

I literally could not drive in the right lane of any city street with a gas station bc lines were blocking traffic
You missed the point cause they aren't idiots just trying to have foresight into something and to me, even if they are doing it out of pure emotion, it is still a uniting prospect. I too could not fill up due to a 'run on the lines' but guess what, I was able to the next day. Let's not fault 1 for trying when there are 3 more sitting on their asses and doing nothing. A bird in hand is better than 3 in the bush.

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
All this because QT issued a statement saying they were going to allow some stations to run out so they could keep 84 other local stations completely stocked. The news picks this story up, runs it as there is a gas shortage in N. Texas and all hell breaks loose. People with 3/4 of a tank waiting in 1 hr lines to top off. If idiots would just have gone about getting gas as they normally would, there wouldnt even be a news story.

I'll be in OKC Tuesday and I'll report on my findings there. I'm assuming OK is gulf supplied.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You missed the point cause they aren't idiots just trying to have foresight into something and to me, even if they are doing it out of pure emotion, it is still a uniting prospect. I too could not fill up due to a 'run on the lines' but guess what, I was able to the next day. Let's not fault 1 for trying when there are 3 more sitting on their asses and doing nothing. A bird in hand is better than 3 in the bush.
Im so confused by what you are saying. First you parsed out one part of my comment and then attack....My point was, HERE IN DFW, if people continued to get gas a normal pace, the stations would never have ran fully out. Im only speaking of my area, not Houston. I completely understand why people along the coast would do this.

Quicksipper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' EX-T, 05' LX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Im so confused by what you are saying. First you parsed out one part of my comment and then attack....My point was, HERE IN DFW, if people continued to get gas a normal pace, the stations would never have ran fully out. Im only speaking of my area, not Houston. I completely understand why people along the coast would do this.
I just went at midnight, I guess no one wanted gas after 12pm lol I actually needed it though, I really didn't want to wait in a line, nice being tuned for 3 different fuels though!

Banshee

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3, 07 Civic Si, 17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just went at midnight, I guess no one wanted gas after 12pm lol I actually needed it though, I really didn't want to wait in a line, nice being tuned for 3 different fuels though!
Ha, yeah I went after 11 pm Friday night and no line and got gas. Only had 87 available so I put 1/2 tank, but I left my 93 tune on. Gonna go run around and see if any of my e85 stations have it. For some reason the 2 i checked yesterday were out but they had 93 and 87. oh well. Itll pass soon enough. Im just driving normal bc my Kcontrol is all over the place with this 87 in there!!!!
Sponsored