WhiskeyTango

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
If some was going to come to me with a proposition for a test fitment for all 4 wheels. I would ask them to give me their insurance card, driver's license, license plate number, and phone number as a hedge against fraud.

A red flag if they wouldn't agree to the terms in good faith.
Even then, two dudes at my house, doing this in my driveway, wasting a bunch of my time watching over them, destroying my driveway (cause fuck you if you think you're coming into my garage to do this). Nah, its not even worth the headache for a set of wheels to me.
Sponsored

The Bad Guy

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
18 CBP Si Sedan, 06 G6, 15 Silverado
Country flag
For everyone curious about these I stopped making them about a year ago. Not enough time on my hands between working two jobs, only to make a couple bucks each. I know one guy in this thread has one, @bugboy32337 how is yours holding up after two years?
Not even like a limited run or even seasonal? Remember when McDonalds had the McRib out for a limited time and people went batshit crazy over it? I miss those days minus the aftermath.

OP
OP
WhiskeyTango

WhiskeyTango

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Not even like a limited run or even seasonal? Remember when McDonalds had the McRib out for a limited time and people went batshit crazy over it? I miss those days minus the aftermath.
If I could get maybe 20 people together to make it worthwhile to do them all at once, possibly. But the cost of steel has gone up nearly as much as plywood has, so I'm worried you guys wouldn't like the price.

The Bad Guy

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
If I could get maybe 20 people together to make it worthwhile to do them all at once, possibly. But the cost of steel has gone up nearly as much as plywood has, so I'm worried you guys wouldn't like the price.
Yeah, osb prices in GA are nuts! I mean....plenty of vendors on here do bundle deals :hmm: and if you can offer different finishes. :headbang:

OP
OP
WhiskeyTango

WhiskeyTango

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Yeah, osb prices in GA are nuts! I mean....plenty of vendors on here do bundle deals :hmm: and if you can offer different finishes. :headbang:
A sheet of .100” 4’ x 8’ stainless was roughly $160 2 years ago when I started making these. It’s closer to $500 a sheet nowadays.

And I wish I could offer different finishes, but the logistics and costs involved in setup and materials,I can’t even begin to calculate the cost. Not to mention I’m one guy by myself, again, time is the enemy. I don’t wanna be like ASR and have people waiting months.

ebatr24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
A sheet of .100” 4’ x 8’ stainless was roughly $160 2 years ago when I started making these. It’s closer to $500 a sheet nowadays.

And I wish I could offer different finishes, but the logistics and costs involved in setup and materials,I can’t even begin to calculate the cost. Not to mention I’m one guy by myself, again, time is the enemy. I don’t wanna be like ASR and have people waiting months.
The guy asking to try wheels on is hilarious, I'd tell him to kick rocks....

small rant, I hate that this has become the normal. Small companies, and guys starting their small business feel it's okay to take people's money, only to deliver a product a year later or never deliver it at all. Respect for not wanting to do that to people over a few bucks. Shame you can't make them though, I'd buy one....

The Bad Guy

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

I tried, fellow CIVICX members, i tried. :banghead:

Ducota

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si 2021 Accord Sport 2.0 2015 FiT Sport
Country flag
I’ve sold a few aftermarket wheels in my time. Me personally, I offer test FIT not test ride cause once you’re out of sight it’s a done deal. I have yet to have someone take my offer.

bugboy32337

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe (MSM)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
For everyone curious about these I stopped making them about a year ago. Not enough time on my hands between working two jobs, only to make a couple bucks each. I know one guy in this thread has one, @bugboy32337 how is yours holding up after two years?
It's been holding up VERY well ...

I've attached a pic, that I took just for this post ...

Been busy, and haven't had time to detail the interior ... but it's an honest pic of a honestly awesome dead pedal!!!!

Honda Civic 10th gen Humor me for a minute guys 20210621_075932

OsirisPalko

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
There's zero good reason for them to test drive wheels. I recently bought used enkeis and didn't test fit them, just did my personal research to make sure the size and offset fit, which it did.

Cash in hand, and if he really doesn't like them (?) bring them back. CYA (cover your butt)

If you're feeling petty make him sign a bill of sale too so he can't come saying you ripped him off when he agreed to it.

Ideally find a different buyer but money talks

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag

TheCanadian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Boost Blue Type R
Country flag
When I was selling my old miata (21 year old car) a buyer wanted to take it for a compression test. That’s a solid no - probably get the car back with a stripped head.

Waited a few days and car was sold to another buyer