Reaction score
Website
www.avgntrials.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
my 2 cents: tell him to pay for the set first and then test drive it. If he can't trust you to hold the cash, you definitely can't trust him to drive around on your rims.

If I were you I would tell him no. He/she can try on 1 rim at a time.
Sponsored

OP
OP
WhiskeyTango

WhiskeyTango

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
What is also odd about this, is the person planning to install it themselves or have you do it?.. should get a service fee lmao
The whole thing just feels off to me.
1. Its my girl dealing with this whole ordeal cause they are her wheels. I try not to get to involved cause her stuff, whatever, I'm here more in a support role. I feel like he's just trying to take advantage of her. Hence my post, to show her that this shit isn't normal.
2. He has had some "health issues" so he isn't actually capable of lifting the wheels himself, so he wants to bring a buddy along. Another red flag to me, maybe I'm paranoid. But I'd rather be paranoid than ripped off or worse.
Ah, very fair then man. Experience trumps everything, if you've seen it happen it's hard to shake the thought of it happening again.

And yeah, sidebar but somewhat related bc manufacturing, did you ever get to make any of the brake rock shields I saw somewhere on here? Quality on those dead pedals is niiiiiiice.
I offered in a post to help him with the actual manufacturing. We could make them at work for a very reasonable price, but he never responded to me ?‍♂

Nitroturtle

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PMM CTR, 2006 S2000, 2010 Element EX AWD
Country flag
Depending on your ad, make sure it's understood that the wheels are for sale and not the car. While it might seem obvious based on the price, I can tell you from personal experience that people often make assumptions from the pictures and assume the car is for sale for a ridiculously low price and miss the fact that you're only selling the wheels.

OP
OP
WhiskeyTango

WhiskeyTango

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Depending on your ad, make sure it's understood that the wheels are for sale and not the car. While it might seem obvious based on the price, I can tell you from personal experience that people often make assumptions from the pictures and assume the car is for sale for a ridiculously low price and miss the fact that you're only selling the wheels.
It's not even a FS ad. This guy was just looking for these wheels, my girl says yeah I have a set I'd sell and this dude wants to come jack his car up in my (asphalt on a 90° day) driveway and put the wheels on his car and drive around on them before buying them.

bugboy32337

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe (MSM)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It's not even a FS ad. This guy was just looking for these wheels, my girl says yeah I have a set I'd sell and this dude wants to come jack his car up in my (asphalt on a 90° day) driveway and put the wheels on his car and drive around on them before buying them.
I'm reading all these posts, shaking my head ... and then I see this one.
I said, out loud, at work, "oh hell NO!"
I'm getting heebie jeebies about this ...

jdm_mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 FK8 CTR & More
Country flag
Mans trying to pull a fast one on you and drive home lol. First time I read about someone wanting to test drive wheels

OP
OP
WhiskeyTango

WhiskeyTango

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
I have a few buddies in law enforcement who'd get a kick out of something like this and would volunteer themselves just to be present during an exchange like this. ??
I'm loving these replies for both comedic value and cause for a brief moment this guy had me thinking I was an asshole :rofl:

17RGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R
Country flag
I'm loving these replies for both comedic value and cause for a brief moment this guy had me thinking I was an asshole :rofl:
The only thing more annoying than idiot car guys… is idiot car guys who fap over chicks selling or being involved in car shit. Bro you have no chance, go talk about your polished catback strut bars with your friends while you Claw clank and touch yourselves.

I’ll never forget my formative years working as a welder in a large manufacturing company. The minute any chick walked in the shop, every dude was drooling. Most of them had asses that looked like hail damaged vw beetles, but the guys never cared. These are the exact personality types of most car guys.

Nitroturtle

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PMM CTR, 2006 S2000, 2010 Element EX AWD
Country flag
Yeah, gotcha. In that case, the only way I'd go for anything like that is if they paid in full beforehand, and even then I'm not sure it would even be worth it.

ricemeup

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 PWP Si, Super Street S2000 Week to Wicked
Country flag
Appreciate that man. But honestly, I'd be a nervous wreck shipping them. The first set I got from Seibon came damaged during shipping. And they had them all sorts of reinforced with 1"x1" wood and tons of packaging. And I get I can be a dick online at times, but ask anyone thats bought from me on FB or here or anywhere, I always try to be fair and accommodating.

I sold HUNDREDS of these online and nothing but happy customers.

pic.jpg
Whoa those look great! Where would i go about ordering one of these?

dellyjoughnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner, '19 Civic Sport Hatchback
Country flag
If some was going to come to me with a proposition for a test fitment for all 4 wheels. I would ask them to give me their insurance card, driver's license, license plate number, and phone number as a hedge against fraud.

A red flag if they wouldn't agree to the terms in good faith.

OP
OP
WhiskeyTango

WhiskeyTango

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Whoa those look great! Where would i go about ordering one of these?
For everyone curious about these I stopped making them about a year ago. Not enough time on my hands between working two jobs, only to make a couple bucks each. I know one guy in this thread has one, @bugboy32337 how is yours holding up after two years?
Sponsored