WhiskeyTango

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Would any of you allow someone buying used (cast, sub $1k) wheels to come to your house, install and test drive on said wheels before they commit to a purchase?

I’ve bought and sold dozens of sets of wheels in the over 2 decades I’ve been buying and building cars and have never asked or been asked to test drive a set of wheels.
Sponsored

Jwolf

I Think I'm Fast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 86, '19 CTR, Some other stuff
Country flag
Would any of you allow someone buying used (cast, sub $1k) wheels to come to your house, install and test drive on said wheels before they commit to a purchase?

I’ve bought and sold dozens of sets of wheels in the over 2 decades I’ve been buying and building cars and have never asked or been asked to test drive a set of wheels.
This is joke?

Syntek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Lol what the hell.

I've heard of people asking for test fitments due to BBK's, which is understandable, but all 4?

NHCivicGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 R
Country flag
No way....if they need to test fit one due to fitment concerns, maybe... I bet he wants to test them out and then magically never return. And a store would never let you do this either, FYI. No way they would mount a set, let you test them and then let you return for a full refund.

disgraced.fk8

IG: @break_ya_neck_fk7
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Bro I’ve sold legit expensive forged setups before with way less hassle than this. We’re talking about some cast Rotiforms for $900. With tires.
I wouldn't ask to test drive a set of the ce28's I will get down the line, like what even...?

If it's anything of decent value though I do just try to get an idea for the persons online persona real quick, like just ask if they're on any forums or groups and search for their username. Basically to see if they take care of their sh*t or not. If it's a few hundred bucks and pics look good, send it lol.

For example I was interested in your fenders and I know they say local but I've seen you on here enough that I would for sure trust you to package them appropriately if compensated. And willing of course lol.

OP
OP
WhiskeyTango

WhiskeyTango

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
I wouldn't ask to test drive a set of the ce28's I will get down the line, like what even...?

If it's anything of decent value though I do just try to get an idea for the persons online persona real quick, like just ask if they're on any forums or groups and search for their username. Basically to see if they take care of their sh*t or not. If it's a few hundred bucks and pics look good, send it lol.

For example I was interested in your fenders and I know they say local but I've seen you on here enough that I would for sure trust you to package them appropriately if compensated. And willing of course lol.
Appreciate that man. But honestly, I'd be a nervous wreck shipping them. The first set I got from Seibon came damaged during shipping. And they had them all sorts of reinforced with 1"x1" wood and tons of packaging. And I get I can be a dick online at times, but ask anyone thats bought from me on FB or here or anywhere, I always try to be fair and accommodating.

I sold HUNDREDS of these online and nothing but happy customers.

Honda Civic 10th gen Humor me for a minute guys pic

Jwolf

I Think I'm Fast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 86, '19 CTR, Some other stuff
Country flag
What is also odd about this, is the person planning to install it themselves or have you do it?.. should get a service fee lmao

disgraced.fk8

IG: @break_ya_neck_fk7
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Appreciate that man. But honestly, I'd be a nervous wreck shipping them. The first set I got from Seibon came damaged during shipping. And they had them all sorts of reinforced with 1"x1" wood and tons of packaging. And I get I can be a dick online at times, but ask anyone thats bought from me on FB or here or anywhere, I always try to be fair and accommodating.

I sold HUNDREDS of these online and nothing but happy customers.

pic.jpg
Ah, very fair then man. Experience trumps everything, if you've seen it happen it's hard to shake the thought of it happening again.

And yeah, sidebar but somewhat related bc manufacturing, did you ever get to make any of the brake rock shields I saw somewhere on here? Quality on those dead pedals is niiiiiiice.