Hub centric ring

krtnchls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback LX
Country flag
Hey guys! Just need a help here. It's my first time changing my rims tomorrow and im not sure if i need to buy hub centric rings or not anymore. I do have a 2019 civic hatch sport and Im running a stock 18 rims rn. Im changing it to an 18" enkei t6s rims. I have no idea if i need to put hub centric rings still or not. Will really appreciate all your reply and help. Will change it tomorrow. Thanks civicx!
Sponsored

Nathan le

Honda boy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic touring
Country flag
Hey guys! Just need a help here. It's my first time changing my rims tomorrow and im not sure if i need to buy hub centric rings or not anymore. I do have a 2019 civic hatch sport and Im running a stock 18 rims rn. Im changing it to an 18" enkei t6s rims. I have no idea if i need to put hub centric rings still or not. Will really appreciate all your reply and help. Will change it tomorrow. Thanks civicx!
If you use highway a lot you will need them rings, without those centric rings at high speed you going to see vibration at the sterling wheel

Deezy

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Sedan 6MT (FC2)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That wheel has a 72.6mm bore diameter, so yes you will need the rings to adapt to your 64.1mm hub.

mc21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Coupe Touring
Country flag
Yah, as noted above you'll need centric rings.

OP
OP

krtnchls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
That wheel has a 72.6mm bore diameter, so yes you will need the rings to adapt to your 64.1mm hub.
Thanks. I was confused as when i inquire for the installation and i asked about that, he said that it doesnt need one as the rims is lug-centric. But i guess he's wrong.

RedGiant217

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Honda Accord
Country flag
Thanks. I was confused as when i inquire for the installation and i asked about that, he said that it doesnt need one as the rims is lug-centric. But i guess he's wrong.
Seems like no one on these forums is aware that conical lugs are self centering (lug-centric).
You don't need hub rings, but they will make it easier to install the wheels properly.

Deezy

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Sedan 6MT (FC2)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Seems like no one on these forums is aware that conical lugs are self centering (lug-centric).
You don't need hub rings, but they will make it easier to install the wheels properly.
True, but I've always used the rings anyway, to help eliminate any margin of error. Might be overkill, but in my line of work 1/1000 of an inch can make all the difference in the world, so I'm just used to things being dead on the money.

OP
OP

krtnchls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yup thanks for all your responses. I ended up using rings and everything went fine. Now im enjoying my new rims.

vladucard

First Name
Caspian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
73.1mm outer diameter to 64.1 inner diameter. Google search “73.1 to 64.1 hub rings” and choose any
OP, Plastic is still recommended over metal

vladucard

First Name
Caspian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thank you both, very, very much appreciated!