earlmg

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Hello, I recently purchased 4 ESR CS12’s with a hub centric of 72.56. I have a Civic Hatch Sport and was wondering if I needed to buy a hub centric or if it was fine just installing without it. This is my first time with aftermarket rims so please be patient with me.
Sponsored

panas

First Name
Panos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2019 sedan, non-Si
Country flag
You DEFINITELY need to buy hub rings to fill the gap from 72,56mm to 64,1mm (civic hub centre). They are not expensive at all and many aftermarket wheels come with those if you order them specifically for your car.. You'll probably need lug nuts as well as it is almost certain that the OEM ones won't fit your new rims..

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Hello, I recently purchased 4 ESR CS12’s with a hub centric of 72.56. I have a Civic Hatch Sport and was wondering if I needed to buy a hub centric or if it was fine just installing without it. This is my first time with aftermarket rims so please be patient with me.
Yes, like @panos mentioned, you should get 72.56 -> 64.1 mm hub centric rings. Plastic ones are fine and you can find them on Amazon, eBay, etc.

You must buy aftermarket lug nuts with a cone seat. The OEM lug nuts are ball seat, so they are incompatible with aftermarket wheels.

ChefRyeSi

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan / 04’ CRV EX 5MT
Country flag
For the real answer, you TECHNICALLY don’t need them. I rode my wheels for some time before buying the rings and nothing happens. It’s harsh on the wheel studs as they are the contact points without the proper centric ring. If you don’t hit potholes you’re fine. But as stated, they’re like $20 and are made to spec to fit. Well worth it

OP
OP
earlmg

earlmg

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
You DEFINITELY need to buy hub rings to fill the gap from 72,56mm to 64,1mm (civic hub centre). They are not expensive at all and many aftermarket wheels come with those if you order them specifically for your car.. You'll probably need lug nuts as well as it is almost certain that the OEM ones won't fit your new rims..
Gotcha, do you know the size of the lug nuts I need to buy?

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Gotcha, do you know the size of the lug nuts I need to buy?
M12x1.5 and make sure they are conical/tapered/acorn style. Many different names for the same thing lol

OEM Honda lugs are ball seat, so you need 60° conical ones with aftermarket wheels.

OP
OP
earlmg

earlmg

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag

dstix747

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
For the real answer, you TECHNICALLY don’t need them. I rode my wheels for some time before buying the rings and nothing happens. It’s harsh on the wheel studs as they are the contact points without the proper centric ring. If you don’t hit potholes you’re fine. But as stated, they’re like $20 and are made to spec to fit. Well worth it
This is correct. The cone seated lugs will act to center the wheel. I still put rings on but it was just extra piece of mind. I knew I didn't NEED them.
Sponsored