HU beeping constantly

dangng009

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I am having the same concern with my audio unit and the beeping. I am also bring my vehicle to the dealership to duplicate the fault. If they are unable to resolve my vehicle's concern in a reasonable time frame or repair attempts. It might be time for lemon law or buy back. It's ridiculous for a car with 2 months of driving to have so many issues. I had my vehicle concern of a clunking noise when turning the steering wheel. Due to a improperly torque coil strut tower. Also, a rattle noise was heard coming from drive side door panel due to a broken clip. It was likely a result of an improperly installed door panel at the assembly plant. My audio head unit had the no sound concern and now the audio beep issue, this is is getting ridiculous. I am bring the vehicle back to my Honda Dealership and notifying Honda my concern of the beeping noise and documenting everything that I can get my hands on from the dealership, so I have proper documentation of my repair attempts. If all else fails I am going to lemon law/buyback with this car.
Sponsored

cjackgo

cjackgo
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
I've had this problem, and my most recent attempt at a solution was to turn the touch sensitivity down to "Low", and to wipe the dust off the touchscreen. Will post again in about a week if this band aids the problem.
Ahhhhh, interesting, great idea, I 'll try this and see what it does for me. I've had some weird beeping.

cpryor3007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L
The dealership replaced just the touch screen part of the system, its been a week and so far so good.

pookscivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX, 2015 Odyssey EX-L
Country flag
This issue has been driving me batty. I've disconnected lightning cable and iPhone from system and the beep is still present.

So far, this is the only issue, but boy is it annoying. My wife will be taking the car for the weekend - hopefully it doesn't do it the whole time she is out of town.

Traaapt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
So lowering the sensitivity has definitely helped the situation, i changed it while the display was throwing a tantrum again and it stopped it immediately.

Pretty silly that you have to do that, but at least it isn't as annoying anymore.

awgfl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
I had this problem in my Civic too, just turn the sensitivity up and keep your hands and the display clean and it stops.

OP
OP

Bearbytez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Adjusting the sensitivity was the first thing we tried. Didn't help much, if at all. With something so sporadic it's difficult to differentiate between the causal and coincidental.

Regardless, it shouldn't be an issue to begin with. Even if adjusting the sensitivity did fix it, it's surely only a temporary solution, and doesn't solve the underlying problem.

We finally got the head unit replaced at the dealership, as they've now apparently had a flood of these complaints come pouring in. So far, so good. Hopefully it was just a faulty batch of tablets.

No word yet on what is actually causing the problem, but based on the tests they had to run on the new unit after installation I get the feeling that Honda suspects the same thing I was concerned about, that there was a grounding issue.

Last edited:

MikeATL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Lunar Silver Civic Touring, 2009 Pontiac G8 GT, 2006 Honda Pilot, 2000 Chrysler Town and Country
My Touring's HU just started doing the random 3 beeps back to home page all by itself last night.
The sensitivity was already set at low.
I soft rebooted it this morning and will have to wait to see if it'll do it again today.
The car is not even a month old with less than 1000 miles on it.
Has anyone figure out what's causing it yet?

Spiteful

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
I just bought a 2016 Civic Ex last week and am having this same issue sporadically. I don't believe it has anything to do with the paired phones but more of a hardware issue. If anyone gets more information from Honda on this please post it.

kevintcivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EXL / 2013 CRV EXL
My civic had this problem. It started from day 1, but was intermittent, some days were bad others it didn't happen. My description is that it is like the back button was getting activated even though it wasn't being touched (could have been the menu button too, symptoms would be the same). Took three trips to the dealer, one to get it diagnosed (lucky for me they were able to see it happen), one for the tech to get directions from Honda to "try some things" and eventually get authority to replace what I'll call the screen (maybe it's more than just a screen) and one to replace the screen (took a week for the part to come in (apparently they usually can overnight stuff) but it was on backorder (I wonder why?)). Been two days, and so far so good. If anyone is having this problem, Honda was clearly aware of the issue, so as long as you can get your dealer to take you seriously (try to get a video of it happening), I think getting them to replace the screen won't be too hard to accomplish and should solve the problem.

For those playing at home, we've also experience the surging issue, we've also had the TPMS come on and require recalibration, and have some HD radio channels that seem to lose full signal or something and get real quiet (like it is going mono) and then get loud again repeatedly, switched the setting to analog only and issue goes away, but then a couple stations that are generally crystal clear in other cars are a little less fuzzier than it seems like they should be.

ahiguero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Honda Civic EX-L With Navigation
I had an issue that i would lose HD stations and also FM and AM stations as soon as i started the car. Took it to the dealership and they replaced the tuner unit and so far so good.

JohnG307

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
My car also does this. Usually it's just once or twice and then it's done, but today it thew an all out fit. I should have pulled out my phone to get a video to show a dealership, but I had a passenger and was embarrassed by it enough as was. I'm sure it'll do it again soon... >.<

buzzvango

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic ex
Hi. New member here. Sorry if this is posted in the wrong place, I wasn't sure if this or "nav/audio/display" would be the more appropriate forum.

I have been reading this site for days and performed several searches (as well as elsewhere on the internet) and haven't been able to find any other reports of this issue.

I bought my wife an EX-T a few weeks ago and on the second day it had a freak out during a phone call. We were listening to Sirius and a call came in (connected through Apple play) but the music would not stop playing. Neither for the ring nor the answered call. Then we couldn't get it to hang up or stop Sirius. We had to turn the car off completely.

Since then it has randomly been issuing the rapid 3 beep error noise in succession, anywhere from one to twenty times in a row. It happens intermittently while driving. Most of the time it will return to the home menu and keep backing out of menues if i try to access settings while it's happening.

This leads me to believe that either the home or back button are being engaged unintentionally.

We've tried unpairing and repairing her iphone. She wouldn't let me do a full system factory reset because she was afraid she would lose her Sirius free trial (oh no). But I plan to try the soft reboot method of holding the audio power button when she gets home this evening.

Just wondered if anyone else has had or heard of this issue or if there is a known fix. I really don't want to take it back to the dealership because 1. They are enormous dillweeds 2. They are the most unprofessional and unknowledgeable people I've ever seen work with cars (i half suspect the unit is damaged from when the salesperson was pulling on the display trying to get the "cd player" to come out...) and 3. Every time I've taken my accord in there for a simple problem they've severely damaged something else.

So hopefully I can fix this myself. Fingers crossed.
Same issue here (random beeping) dealership diagnosed a short in the lane departure warning sensor. Repair should be complete tomorrow. Will let you know if that fixed the problem.

OP
OP

Bearbytez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
It's been several weeks now and no problems whatsoever. Seems like it was either a bad batch of tablets with the early shipments, or installation errors. Either way the best way to get the problem fixed for now is to get it on video and take it back to the dealership. They've had to replace enough tablets by now that they should be pretty quick to install a new unit.
Sponsored