HS Prep Advice

Burt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Civic LX, 1992 Mazda Miata
Country flag
Hi, I'm new to the Civic world, and about to send my CAM-C prepped Camaro down the road and get my wife a new m/t sport hatchback. I also have a Miata I'll be doing most of my autocrossing in, but I'll take the Civic on occasion, so I'd like to make it reasonably class competitive, and HS tends to keep wives and warranties the happiest. So, being in HS, I can really only focus on wheels/tires, a sway bar and shocks, which is where my questions are.

Wheels & Tires: I'm planning on running a 17x8 +45, with 245/45 RE71s, but I'm curious if anyone has run those back to back with the a 255/40 on an eight inch wheel, and if there are any rubbing issues with either on that offset wheel at stock wide height.

Sway bars: From the little research I've done, it looks like the two go-tos are the CTR OEM rear bar, or the Karcepts adjustable rear bar. For those who have tested both, is the Karcepts bar worth it? I know in the rwd circles there is definitely such a thing as too much bar.

Shocks: Are there any options available besides the upcoming koni yellows? I watched Koni drag out "coming soon" for several years on the 5th gen Camaro platform, so I'm curious what options are out there.

Thanks!
Sponsored

Last edited: