Z3papa

First Name
Clark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R, 2011 BMW M3
Country flag
I installed my Schroth QF Pro which is left over from my M3. I will say that if I were short and needed the seat forward, it would not extend forward enough without a seat belt extender. That said, it fits very nicely and will serve the need I have for autocrosses.
Sponsored

FifStreet

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 PMM Civic Type R '07 MR Fit Sport (RIP)
Country flag
Thanks for this thread. It was super helpful for me.

But warning to those trying to get this through carid.com I have TWICE been sent the wrong color. I am not going to give them a 3rd chance.

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
Is it possible to install the QuickFit Pro for both driver and passenger seats?

wstaab

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
Country flag
Uses rear seat belts on either side of the back seat. There is a left and right for connections to the stock set belt buckles.
Honda Civic 10th gen HPDE Harness? IMG_20200616_133638

GraphiteAZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
Whoa!
Post title is HPDE.
If you ever want an instructor to ride with you then you need matching "safety" equipment for them.
I'd be prepared either way and be able to switch to regular belts if necessary.
Hate to have anyone drop all that money for a track day and then be told, "No."
FWIW I didn't feel the need for a harness even on tight-twisty AMP.
Although these certainly look like an excellent idea and will be on my next to buy list.
THANKS!

NASA - AZ just approved a S550 mustang with these harnesses installed to do HPDEs. Something about the FMVSS 209 rating and them being purpose-built for the S550 with stock seats.

Dave B

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette Z06 (sold) 2020 CW
Country flag
I would like to bring this thread back to life. For those of you who have installed this harness, do you have any other tips? I think the ability to use a head and neck restraint alone makes this a worthwhile project even before you look at the performance advantages.

ForeverCar

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R and some other cars ;-)
Country flag
I strongly encourage you to do more research on harness use. I personally would not run without the anti-sub belt as well as some sort of Hans.

Methane Herder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Is there any confirmation that the type R seats have suitably reinforced seat backs for harness use. I can see the cutouts for the torso belts but does Honda say that they are actually certified for 4pt/5pt use?(Without a harness bar)

MH

Dave B

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Is there any confirmation that the type R seats have suitably reinforced seat backs for harness use. I can see the cutouts for the torso belts but does Honda say that they are actually certified for 4pt/5pt use?(Without a harness bar)

MH
Schroth has applications of their Quickfit Pro with Anti Submarine features for various Ford, BMW, VW, Audi, Mini and interestingly Jeep models. I have asked them to look into the Civic Type R as it would appear that the seat construction is the issue. No answer yet. The sanctioning body for my time-attack series Ontario Time Attack will not allow them without specific approval of the manufacturer but the lack of approval also prevents me from wearing a head and neck restraint unless I spring for a hybrid. (which I think is a fairly poor substitute to a harness and HANS device)

Dave B

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Just heard back from Schroth. I completely understand that they can only approve the use of their Quickfit Pro harnesses with anti-submarine technology, (ASM) in cars where they have tested the angle of the shoulder strap as well as the integrity of the OEM seat to vertical loads. At this stage, they are not planning on looking into or certifying their harness for the Civic Type R but I am thinking if a number of us enquired, there might be more interest on the part of the company. For those of you who have not used a harness in the past I can guarantee it is a performance advantage and the ability to use a head and neck restraint is a safety advantage. It is possible that the Honda OEM seat is not good enough to support the use of this type of harness but it may well be worth looking into. I think all of us who track our CTRs would benefit from this harness whether we use a head and neck restraint or not.

moonrobin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CW
Country flag
I installed my Schroth QF Pro which is left over from my M3. I will say that if I were short and needed the seat forward, it would not extend forward enough without a seat belt extender. That said, it fits very nicely and will serve the need I have for autocrosses.
Hey! I've decided a harness is the next upgrade for my tracking journey. I'm having trouble anchoring myself through the G-forces (currently resorting to bracing myself with my left foot against the dead pedal). As a result of my body bouncing around, I have trouble with input consistency, especially during braking.

I'm looking to get into a RWD drive car to learn that path, and have decided on an E9X M3 as my platform of choice. If my objective is to share this harness setup with that future M3, should I buy the M3 version, or the Focus RS version? For reference, my height is 5 ft 7 in. Do you think that I'd need a seat belt extender if I were to buy the M3 version? Or should I buy the Focus RS version (which might work with both out of the box)?

Thanks!
Sponsored