Badigadi

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
Could someone fit this into a CRX just for the lols? ??

Reactions: VAN

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That's FKN COOL! There it is, a Type R Coupe!

the27thaxe

First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
It is freaking cool, Id like to see a non race application ECU though, for those of us that might want to put a ctr engine into a 2door/4door Si and still be able to daily it. Speaking of, I wonder what the steering would be like? Would you also want to swap ctr suspension to make it usable?

Also nerdy I know but this for some reason gave me Initial D vibes, thinking about when Takumi gets the Group B engine for the AE86, just imagine someone using this motor to make an absolute monster of a sleeper

jdm_mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 FK8 CTR & More
Country flag
Just wait. Once this becomes available we'll see a lot of sedan/coupes with this crate plus ctr bodykits

Deleted User 1886347

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Damn!! That would be great. I read in the comments and it’s about $9,000 (USD I assume) to get the complete long block, turbo, starter, ECU, engine harness, etc. Basically make it plug and play. Not actually a half bad deal. People that blow their motors from tuning or whatever, will probably have more incentive to go for this. I certainly would if I ever crossed that road.

SouthSideBeef

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 GR86
Country flag
This is super cool but you're still gonna have to prove to Honda that you're using the engine for some type of racing competition. So this isn't going to be an option for most people. I think the Accord 2.0l swap makes more sense if you're keeping the car on the street.

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
This is super cool but you're still gonna have to prove to Honda that you're using the engine for some type of racing competition. So this isn't going to be an option for most people. I think the Accord 2.0l swap makes more sense if you're keeping the car on the street.
I don't think that's exactly true. Seems like they'll sell it to anyone with the caveat that it's not street legal. Just like your KTuners, downpipes, etc. So it's on you to put it in a daily, pass safety/emissions, etc. It's available to anyone as I'm reading it.

edit: just basing it off this article
https://www.autoblog.com/2021/02/09/honda-civic-type-r-crate-motor-controls-package/

In the past, the Civic Type R crate motor has only been available if you were a race team or a member of Honda's Racing Line program. However, Honda has now opened the program up to anyone, as it did with the Civic Type R TC race car we recently test drove. Honda is quick to point out, though, that the engine is only for use in track settings and is not street legal.

dark_knight097

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
I don't think that's exactly true. Seems like they'll sell it to anyone with the caveat that it's not street legal. Just like your KTuners, downpipes, etc. So it's on you to put it in a daily, pass safety/emissions, etc. It's available to anyone as I'm reading it.

edit: just basing it off this article
https://www.autoblog.com/2021/02/09/honda-civic-type-r-crate-motor-controls-package/
Seems like they'll only be making 93 control packages for the engine. That kinda sucks.
From the article:
"Only 93 Control Packages will be made, so if you want a K20C1 for your track weapon, it's best to act fast when the system goes on sale May 1, 2021"

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It is freaking cool, Id like to see a non race application ECU though, for those of us that might want to put a ctr engine into a 2door/4door Si and still be able to daily it. Speaking of, I wonder what the steering would be like? Would you also want to swap ctr suspension to make it usable?

Also nerdy I know but this for some reason gave me Initial D vibes, thinking about when Takumi gets the Group B engine for the AE86, just imagine someone using this motor to make an absolute monster of a sleeper
Wouldn’t just a stock CTR ECU do the trick? Flip that in instead of the race ECU?

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Seems like they'll only be making 93 control packages for the engine. That kinda sucks.
From the article:
"Only 93 Control Packages will be made, so if you want a K20C1 for your track weapon, it's best to act fast when the system goes on sale May 1, 2021"
Yeah its gonna be tough. I think the "swap of the future" might be the K20C4 from the accord.

Deleted User 1886347

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Wouldn’t just a stock CTR ECU do the trick? Flip that in instead of the race ECU?
You could get an ECU from a salvaged CTR.. But then couldn’t you just flash the race ECU? I dunno, I guess it would just depend on the amount of interest in this configuration to make it worthwhile for KTuner. Maybe not cost effective..

So many questions, lol
Sponsored