the27thaxe

First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Wouldn’t just a stock CTR ECU do the trick? Flip that in instead of the race ECU?
Wouldn’t just a stock CTR ECU do the trick? Flip that in instead of the race ECU?
I mean I suppose so but you would still need to flash it so I wouldn't look for any electronics the si's don't have, like all ctrs have a rear hatch and rear doors but si coupes don't, and all ctr's have three drive modes but si's only have two, ect. So for someone to use a daily drive able street car I dont think that would simply plug and play.
Sponsored

SouthSideBeef

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 GR86
Country flag
I don't think that's exactly true. Seems like they'll sell it to anyone with the caveat that it's not street legal. Just like your KTuners, downpipes, etc. So it's on you to put it in a daily, pass safety/emissions, etc. It's available to anyone as I'm reading it.

edit: just basing it off this article
https://www.autoblog.com/2021/02/09/honda-civic-type-r-crate-motor-controls-package/
Yeah, I think you're right. Originally I read it as 'anyone can buy it as long as they're racing' but I haven't found any text to support that.

Bludrok

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Yeah, I think you're right. Originally I read it as 'anyone can buy it as long as they're racing' but I haven't found any text to support that.
Anyone can buy that is a member of a race team and meets certain criteria. The 93 available are for the general public.

VAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Wonder if you can keep your AC? If I could daily this I'd throw it in my coupe.
Sponsored