Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Sedan
Country flag
14.7 at idle and cruising
12.7 -13.0 when full throttle
Gotchu. Nice setup tho man I miss that downpipe power but with my exhaust it just wasn’t sustainable for daily with a baby and wife lol just trying to be patient and save up for a car with more power and potential
Sponsored

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Any reason you guys haven't been posting up your 1/4 mile times? I'd be interested and I'm sure others as well. I don't recall seeing much if any posted.

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic sedan lx 6mt and 2018 Honda Civic hatchback ex auto
Country flag
Was this your first time at the track?

Civic_rob

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX-P
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Very cool. I don't think I've seen a 2.0 quarter mile time except for what motortrend claims which is a 16.0 second time. I have maxed out pretty much everything I can in terms of bolt ons and I'm curious to see how much I can shave off of the baseline quarter mile time. The closest dragstrip is 2 hours away in Petersberg, VA. When I get some days off I'll have to take it up there and post the results. I know my car is faster than a stock NA civic coupe since one decided to try to race me in Mexico (which I stomped with only a KTuner and Exhaust).

Thanks for the info though!

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Very cool. I don't think I've seen a 2.0 quarter mile time except for what motortrend claims which is a 16.0 second time. I have maxed out pretty much everything I can in terms of bolt ons and I'm curious to see how much I can shave off of the baseline quarter mile time. The closest dragstrip is 2 hours away in Petersberg, VA. When I get some days off I'll have to take it up there and post the results. I know my car is faster than a stock NA civic coupe since one decided to try to race me in Mexico (which I stomped with only a KTuner and Exhaust).

Thanks for the info though!
My guess is you are probably at 14.8 - 15.0 in the 1/4 mile then. I know my lowly 1.5ltr Honda Fit CVT was in the low 17@82mph range stock and with an intake, exhaust and tune I knocked off a 15.2@92mph. I have no doubt the 2.0 Civic could knock off at least a 14.8-15.0 if stock was a 16.0.

Civic_rob

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX-P
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My guess is you are probably at 14.8 - 15.0 in the 1/4 mile then. I know my lowly 1.5ltr Honda Fit CVT was in the low 17@82mph range stock and with an intake, exhaust and tune I knocked off a 15.2@92mph. I have no doubt the 2.0 Civic could knock off at least a 14.8-15.0 if stock was a 16.0.
I feel that I've almost exhausted all my power adders that I can reliably put on the car without the tranny blowing up or it costing a fortune. I have the ram air system in place which keeps temps ~3-7 degrees over ambient unless I've been driving all day then it goes up to max 10 degrees more than ambient.

I'd be interested in if anyone has developed an intake manifold or a larger throttle body. I feel the one supplied is rather small but I suppose the 2.0 displacement isn't exactly huge either. I'd be happy running 13's but for that I might as well trade this car in and get the turbocharged 1.5T since there's a market.

I appreciate your insight as always Myx.

Reactions: Myx

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I feel that I've almost exhausted all my power adders that I can reliably put on the car without the tranny blowing up or it costing a fortune. I have the ram air system in place which keeps temps ~3-7 degrees over ambient unless I've been driving all day then it goes up to max 10 degrees more than ambient.

I'd be interested in if anyone has developed an intake manifold or a larger throttle body. I feel the one supplied is rather small but I suppose the 2.0 displacement isn't exactly huge either. I'd be happy running 13's but for that I might as well trade this car in and get the turbocharged 1.5T since there's a market.

I appreciate your insight as always Myx.
1) You could purchase a used (or new) throttle body and send it off to Maxbore. That's what I did with my Honda Fit and it came back fairly quickly. They did a great job (as expected) since it was not the only throttle body I've ever sent to them.

2) Another thing I did was to get a larger maf sensor housing, to take in more air of course. I purchased a bigger 2014 Honda Civic intake and cut the maf sensor housing out of it. Then I had my idle, around town driving and WOT tuned by a shop so a new maf table would be developed so it'd run like stock. Ran like a charm.

3) To make your car even quicker, purchase a lightweight wheel/tire combo. If you are crazy like me, you can take it even a step further and reduce the diameter size of the wheel/tire smaller than stock while lightening up wheel/tire combo. This will free up a significant amount of hp/tq from turning your wheels to accelerating your car. I currently have four vehicles and have done this to all of them. This modification alone typically shaves off .3 to .4 tenths off a second off of my 1/4 mile times. Faster/quicker acceleration, quicker suspension response and shorter braking distances.

There's a reason why I can run as 'quick' or faster than a 300hp Type R despite not making nowhere near that amount of hp (or torque for that matter). With an automatic. A CVT even. :rofl:
It's the same reason why some of the Fit guys dogged my CVT transmission but with just an intake, exhaust and lighter wheels I was running faster 1/4 mile times than their manual trannied Turbocharged and Supercharged Fits. See DragTimes
Even my Toyota RAV4 knocked off two seconds in the 1/4 mile time with just an intake, exhaust and lighter wheels...in an AWD/Auto, when I was told intake and exhaust modifications does nothing and that it was a waste of time.. See DragTimes Ran a best of 13.6 N/A though. I could go on and on man....Hehehe. I never argue. I just change stuff and post the results.

Just some thoughts! ;)

Last edited:

DeftonesOneLove

First Name
Cisco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport Sedan (6-Speed 2.0L NA)
Country flag
I can tell you one thing. If you are gonna install the downpipe I wouldn’t recommend an aftermarket exhaust. Mine was so loud that I had to remove it. It seems like the people that kept the factory exhaust plus the downpipe came out with the extra performance without being really loud.
I agree, maybe I’m a little bit older now, but I cringe when civicX owners run a catless down pipe AND do resonator & muffler delete (no hate). For me, I’ll probably just go with a catless downpipe and aftermarket exhaust w/muffler, one that has a nice deep tone. I value a good nice quiet cabin haha