Hows everyone modding their cars during Covid?

Cvtshytbox

First Name
Karson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic sport hatch (cvt)
Country flag
I want a PRL CAI so bad just for the sound. It also doesnt help that i live in Miami fl where the average temp is 95 with 80% humidity lol
Do you monitor your intake temp? I also live in soflo and usually say around 99° at night up to 108° on an average day (up to 112 on a hot hot day)
Sponsored

ladysi

First Name
Andrea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si black sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have been working from home (infosec) since it began - which has actually saved me money and time. Both of which I have re-purposed towards car modding and sailing this summer.

Ron R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
Got a new job closer to home, but took a large paycut. I got majority of mods done within the last year and a half. On a tight budget so done modding at the moment. I do not have much mods planned, just front lip and 2020 Civic Type R Shifter:)

skorj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI sedan
Country flag
Worked a ton of overtime on a 3-month field assignment over the summer. Have a 27WON intake on the way.

Debating on exhaust (Remark or AWE) or the full Acuity shifter setup next - opinions? Eventually will do a tune and downpipe, but that's another year or two down the line.

OP
OP
@thatblu_si

@thatblu_si

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Aegean Blue 2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Do you monitor your intake temp? I also live in soflo and usually say around 99° at night up to 108° on an average day (up to 112 on a hot hot day)
Yea i would say mine are about the same as yours, i would say they're a little cooler than 99 at night tho

OP
OP
@thatblu_si

@thatblu_si

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Work for us during the pandemic is beyond nuts (thankful for that though).

No time to mod lol. But would love to invest in the HFP suspension.
Lol if i was in your shoes i would just stay busy and keep saving all that money until the pandemic is over, then spend on it on stuff you really want for the car all at once so it feels like christmas lol

OP
OP
@thatblu_si

@thatblu_si

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I have been working from home (infosec) since it began - which has actually saved me money and time. Both of which I have re-purposed towards car modding and sailing this summer.
Honestly if i could work from home i would be saving so much money, but sadly its illegal to take airplane parts home to fix them ? Im currently picking up a second job to fix the gap in my paycheck so i can start modding and saving again lol

OP
OP
@thatblu_si

@thatblu_si

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Got a new job closer to home, but took a large paycut. I got majority of mods done within the last year and a half. On a tight budget so done modding at the moment. I do not have much mods planned, just front lip and 2020 Civic Type R Shifter:)
What do you have done so far my friend?

OP
OP
@thatblu_si

@thatblu_si

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Worked a ton of overtime on a 3-month field assignment over the summer. Have a 27WON intake on the way.

Debating on exhaust (Remark or AWE) or the full Acuity shifter setup next - opinions? Eventually will do a tune and downpipe, but that's another year or two down the line.
Tbh i dont know much about Remark or AWE, i have the fkx dp/fp paired up with the invidia r400 exhaust system and i honestly love it. I have heard absolutely amazing things about the acuity short shifter assembly. I want one so bad

skorj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI sedan
Country flag
Tbh i dont know much about Remark or AWE, i have the fkx dp/fp paired up with the invidia r400 exhaust system and i honestly love it. I have heard absolutely amazing things about the acuity short shifter assembly. I want one so bad
The Invidia sounds good too, definitely was considering it also.

I'm really leaning towards the shifter for now and then doing exhaust whenever I do the dp/fp. Did a similar high-end shifter on my previous car (e46 BMW) and loved it. I think improving the driver interface now will really make future performance mods pay off.

ladysi

First Name
Andrea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si black sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honestly if i could work from home i would be saving so much money, but sadly its illegal to take airplane parts home to fix them ? Im currently picking up a second job to fix the gap in my paycheck so i can start modding and saving again lol
Seriously, I think I am saving like $1.5k+ a month by not commuting, not eating at the corporate office, etc. Also, I estimate I have an additional 2.5 hours every day to use for projects, cleaning, being stoned/drunk, etc. I really hope I stay working from home once the pandemic passes.

reesee175

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic sport
Country flag
Personally, I have alot of mods going on next week. I'm a store manager in retail grocery, so business is booming.

Ron R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
What do you have done so far my friend?
I did the R&D Thermal Cat-Back, AFE Drop in Filter, Cusco Strut Tower Brace, Mugen Shift Knob with Custom Red Leather Boot, Red Honda Emblems, and Hybrid Racing Boot Collar and Cable Bushings etc.

At the moment I am done lol. Its my daily drive and I plan to keep her for a long time.

The car is quick enough and handles great:)

Memogiyi

First Name
Guillermo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Seriously, I think I am saving like $1.5k+ a month by not commuting, not eating at the corporate office, etc. Also, I estimate I have an additional 2.5 hours every day to use for projects, cleaning, being stoned/drunk, etc. I really hope I stay working from home once the pandemic passes.
Stoned part for sure lol

I don’t think office jobs will go back until there is a vaccine. Most companies don’t want to be held liable for their employees getting sick at the office.
Sponsored