• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

How would you fix the 2023 Acura Integra Prototype?

jd2157

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan MSM
Many were happy to see the Integra return even if, for now at least, it’s essentially a nicely reskinned Civic hatchback. It remains to be seen if they’ve been able to create a unique vehicle worthy of it’s own identity or if they’ve just made another upgraded Civic.

What did they try to do? Create some energy with a new halo car aimed at rebuilding that entry into the brand as one with performance, luxury and excitement.

What should they have done differently?
- event didn’t have much energy/info, should’ve unveiled at a carshow
- decals were a bad idea, not classy, looks like a desperate attempt to distance it from Civic and didn’t look good
- yellow wasn’t a great choice for unveil, and the lighting wasn’t ideal, Tiger Eye Pearl would’ve been better, or the TLX prototype blue
- decent job on the overall design but should’ve aimed more for A5 Sportback from the back
- lower front bumper needs work, looks like the Joker grinning, might be ok in other colors
- create a unique car that didn’t feel like a reskinned Honda, they did that with the TLX well, harder to do on an entry level vehicle given budget constraints
- excite us when we saw the prototype, not despite seeing the prototype, different colour and no decals may have been enough… they were close enough that we should withhold final judgement at least until some trusted reviewers get their say

What did they do right?
- created a good looking hatchback on a solid platform that should be a great car and perform well with the right power/suspension
- generated some excitement around the brand and resurrection of the Integra
- gave us the Civic Si hatchback we’ve been asking for, prob with more features and a fair upcharge, tbd
- went against the grain of the current automotive industry by doing a compact car and not SUV, still think they should’ve trolled the world with a CDX badged as an Integra… :stirthepot:

Last edited:

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt
Reall the only change I'd have done to the car itself was give it a bit more slanted front like the OG's. A lot of this car does hark back to the original Integras.. assuming you know more about them than just the GS-R and ITR.

For the Launch itself I'd have NOT made a video with ONLY 2 door coupes when showing off a new 4 door.

OP
OP
jd2157

jd2157

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Agreed it is reminiscent of old Integras just not the ones everyone remembers. The GSR and ITR cast long shadows.

I remember when I saw the first Integra on display in a local mall. The new one feels like an evolution of that car. Ya they’re both a bit derivative but great nonetheless.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
I owned a first gen 3 door Integra LS. It was a fun little car. Here's a look at both the original and new car.

As much as I loved my little Integra, this new one looks much sexier. But it clearly shares little to nothing with the original's look.

Hopefully Honda will up the power a bit over the Si. If they do, they have a winner.

Untitled 5.jpg

Last edited:

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt
I owned a first gen 3 door Integra LS. It was a fun little car. Here's a look at both the original and new car.

As much as I loved my little Integra, this new one looks much sexier. But it clearly shares little to nothing with the original's look.

Hopefully Honda will up the power a bit over the Si. If they do, they have a winner.

Untitled 5.jpg
Sloped nose aside, they seem to share a lot LOL.

Hondabob

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic Si
Obviously things on the prototype are hyperbole for the most part, but for me:
1. There has to be an aluminum wheel option, all black is terrible.
2. In person might look better but the lower front grill has those wierd dimples at the ends.
3. Please downsize the brakes! For a commuter car I want cheap brakes and rotors. Hell even on the Type S you won’t need oversized rear brakes.
4.Reserved for interior issues lol. My biggest would be that if they keep Si style seats and not use Acura ones. Acura seats have lumbar, power adjustments and a adjustable headrest and in the TLX are very comfy.

OP
OP
jd2157

jd2157

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Obviously things on the prototype are hyperbole for the most part, but for me:
1. There has to be an aluminum wheel option, all black is terrible.
2. In person might look better but the lower front grill has those wierd dimples at the ends.
3. Please downsize the brakes! For a commuter car I want cheap brakes and rotors. Hell even on the Type S you won’t need oversized rear brakes.
4.Reserved for interior issues lol. My biggest would be that if they keep Si style seats and not use Acura ones. Acura seats have lumbar, power adjustments and a adjustable headrest and in the TLX are very comfy.
- ya black can’t be the only colour wheels they have planned, needs to be a classy looking Integra too
- Type S brakes won’t be cheap but the other trims should be fine
- people that’ve seen the prototype in person are saying it has Acura seats /w adjustable headrest and a Civic interior but nicer with better materials, decent chance they’ll have lumbar and power, even Type S
- with the feature list on the Si and price gap it’ll be very interesting to see the features on the Integra, in Canada at least