Si How to tell which MAF you have on your PRL intake (Street or Race)

Civic_Si_Yes

High Speed Low Drag
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I currently have a PRL short ram intake on my 18 Si that I bought locally from another enthusiast.

firs well and works great but how do I tell which MAF it has, street or race?

i know the race mafs require a tune (which I already had, ktuner) so Im unable to tell the difference whether it’s a race or street.
Is there a simple way to tell the difference?
Sponsored

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
You could ask PRL for the measurements and check it yourself. Or ask the person you bought it from if you can still contact them.

Another option would be to see if your fuel trims are completely f'd lol. The race MAF would go haywire on a street MAF calibration.

OP
OP
Civic_Si_Yes

Civic_Si_Yes

High Speed Low Drag
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You could ask PRL for the measurements and check it yourself. Or ask the person you bought it from if you can still contact them.

Another option would be to see if your fuel trims are completely f'd lol. The race MAF would go haywire on a street MAF calibration.
I don’t have contact with the seller anymore. This was 6+ months ago. However I’ve been running this for 6 months and I don’t think it’s been an issue. How can I measure my fuel tri a wirh my KTuner? I’m running a TSP Stg 1 tune as well

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Check your STFT1 and LTFT1 parameters on the display.

What should your fuel trims be on your 10th gen Honda? Generally speaking STFT should float in the +/-5% with a stretch to 9-10% being ok depending on driving conditions. You can expect max positive and or negative values under certain instances like flooring the pedal and heavy throttle lift off for example. For your LTFT you should be about half that with 0 being the sweet spot and +/- 3% still being acceptable. Once your STFT starts to get above +/- 15% or your LTFT +/- 10% it might be time to start looking for a problem like one of those listed above.

https://www.27won.com/blog/yeah-but-what-are-your-fuel-trims

PRL Motorsports

Premium Performance Products
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2016 Civic EX-T, 2018 Type R
Country flag
They are labelled around the sensor bore.
"Si R" would be Si Race
"Si" would be Si Street
"EX R" is non-Si Race
"EX" is Non-Si Street.

If you are in question or for some reason the housing is not labelled, please send us a picture measuring the diameter and of the sensor bore. We will be able to tell you which it is :)

OP
OP
Civic_Si_Yes

Civic_Si_Yes

High Speed Low Drag
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Here are photos of mine.
not sure if you can tell without removing the MAF.

Honda Civic 10th gen How to tell which MAF you have on your PRL intake (Street or Race) EB2D6FD7-CEF1-4518-8A73-E520C5A0C9A0

Honda Civic 10th gen How to tell which MAF you have on your PRL intake (Street or Race) 202D8844-47F1-44B6-B755-19C5A5693E07

OP
OP
Civic_Si_Yes

Civic_Si_Yes

High Speed Low Drag
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Check your STFT1 and LTFT1 parameters on the display.

What should your fuel trims be on your 10th gen Honda? Generally speaking STFT should float in the +/-5% with a stretch to 9-10% being ok depending on driving conditions. You can expect max positive and or negative values under certain instances like flooring the pedal and heavy throttle lift off for example. For your LTFT you should be about half that with 0 being the sweet spot and +/- 3% still being acceptable. Once your STFT starts to get above +/- 15% or your LTFT +/- 10% it might be time to start looking for a problem like one of those listed above.

https://www.27won.com/blog/yeah-but-what-are-your-fuel-trims
Wow, thank you for the information. I learned so much just by reading their blog post. Very interesting and a lot of things make sense now especially when I read these acronyms lol

I changed the view on my KTuner to display the STFT 1 and LTFT1. My LTFT1 displayed around 4 and my STFT1 moved around from 0 to 10ish (fluxuated as high as 18 when shifting)