How to tell if rims will fit? Civic 17 EX t sedan. Looking at 18 x 9.5 rims

ClearEyes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX T
Country flag
Hello,
I am very interested in getting some new rims for my civic. I found a good deal on these tires: https://www.fitmentindustries.com/buy-wheel-offset/89552022+RF15MGR+5X1143/esr-rf15-18x95-22
They are 18 x 9.5 ESR RF 15 rims. I noticed on that page the bolt pattern is 5x120 but the bolt pattern on the civic, according to my search, is about 5x114.3, will these fit the 2017 civic EX t?

Also i currently have 17 inch tires, will they fit the new rims?
Sponsored

NukeKS14

First Name
A.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe, 1995 240sx, '65 Cobra Repl.
Country flag
1) contact the vendor. It looks like there may be 2 other (3 total) options for the wheel hub bolt pattern. If it's not 5x114.3 it will not fit without some sort of adapter (you don't want that. Just get the correct wheels.)

2) No. 17" tires will not fit 18" wheels.

3) there's a whole thread dedicated to what wheels/offsets fit.

OP
OP
ClearEyes

ClearEyes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX T
Country flag
1) contact the vendor. It looks like there may be 2 other (3 total) options for the wheel hub bolt pattern. If it's not 5x114.3 it will not fit without some sort of adapter (you don't want that. Just get the correct wheels.)

Thank you!

OP
OP
ClearEyes

ClearEyes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX T
Country flag

Hey Nuke, i contacted the vendor and they sent me this:
Honda Civic 10th gen How to tell if rims will fit? Civic 17 EX t sedan. Looking at 18 x 9.5 rims 1631669433217

Looks like the bolt size is 5x114.3. In that case, these should fit the civic 2017 ext correct? These are off someone on facebook so im not sure if I will be able to return if they dont fit.

NukeKS14

First Name
A.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe, 1995 240sx, '65 Cobra Repl.
Country flag
While the bolt pattern matches, that's awful wide and not a great offset for our cars. Is your car lowered or at stock ride height? with that width/offset they're going to stick out of your wheel well like an inch or so I think. You want something closer to like +30 to 45 to keep things inside your fenders. or even an 8-8.5" width to be a little more on the safe side especially if you commute in your civic.

It's your car but, I personally wouldn't run that size/offset. Lots of great options out there that fit a bit better IMHO but I'm a grumpy old man so take that fwiw. Perhaps someone else will chime in? Lots more way more experienced people than me with wheel fitment but my honest advice is pass.

https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/►-official-aftermarket-wheel-and-tire-discussion-thread.60387/

OP
OP
ClearEyes

ClearEyes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX T
Country flag
While the bolt pattern matches, that's awful wide and not a great offset for our cars. Is your car lowered or at stock ride height? with that width/offset they're going to stick out of your wheel well like an inch or so I think. You want something closer to like +30 to 45 to keep things inside your fenders. or even an 8-8.5" width to be a little more on the safe side especially if you commute in your civic.

It's your car but, I personally wouldn't run that size/offset. Lots of great options out there that fit a bit better IMHO but I'm a grumpy old man so take that fwiw. Perhaps someone else will chime in? Lots more way more experienced people than me with wheel fitment but my honest advice is pass.

https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/►-official-aftermarket-wheel-and-tire-discussion-thread.60387/
My car is currently stock. Is the offset the CB or the ET? I really appreciate your advice, it is my daily driver so I dont want anything unsafe/unstable. I found these on facebook for $700 for the set and I thought that was a great price so I was going to jump on it but im glad I posted here to make sure it would fit because I wouldnt be able to return. I went through that thread but couldnt find those rims, I will look again to get ideas on which rims to get. Thanks again, you saved me a lot of time and money!

justasimpleman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 PWP FC1 Si
Country flag
Et is the offset. As mentioned above, 22 will stick out quite a bit. Should look for something closer to 35-38ish.

cb is (I think) the hub size. Civics are 63 something, so if you did get these wheels, you’d need hub rings, which aren’t very expensive.

Sponsored