How to stop auto-playing of music via Bluetooth?

HalfBreed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Sport Sedan, 2.0 CVT
Country flag
Everytime I connect my phone to the car via Bluetooth, as soon as I change the source on the HU to "Bluetooth", it starts playing music from my phone's music library. Is there a way to stop this from happening, either in the HU settings, or my phone's (Galaxy Note 8) settings?

I mostly use YouTube to play music, so it's annoying to have to turn off my phone's music player every time before playing music from YouTube.
Sponsored

PEPSIFLAME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic EX Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Mine doesn't do this unless I have my music app open. I use BlackPlayer. My phone connects as soon as I turn my car on and doesn't play until I open Pandora or an audio book app.

OP
OP
HalfBreed

HalfBreed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Sport Sedan, 2.0 CVT
Country flag
Mine doesn't do this unless I have my music app open. I use BlackPlayer. My phone connects as soon as I turn my car on and doesn't play until I open Pandora or an audio book app.
My music app is never open, but will open itself as soon as Bluetooths to my car. I looked through my phone settings and don't see any sort of setting that looks like the culprit. I'll keep digging.

OP
OP
HalfBreed

HalfBreed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Sport Sedan, 2.0 CVT
Country flag
Found other reports of people with Samsungs having the same issue with the stock music player automatically playing as soon as the phone connects to a car via Bluetooth (not even just Hondas). So it's not a car thing. It's a stock Samsung music player thing. I just ended up uninstalling the music app, since I rarely play music from my phone's library anyway. If I want to do so, I will just download a third party app down the road. I've read that PowerAmp lets you choose what the phone does once connected via Bluetooth, so you can avoid the auto-play.

Just wanted to update, in case anyone else was annoyed by this like I was.
Sponsored