How to remove small and subtle dent/ depression on car panel?

noelbnetz

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Ex-T Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
i was recently washing my car when i just found that there was this depression on the side of my car panel. I barely just noticed this and cant think of a time when I hit it or had someone hit it hard enough to make a mark like that. Gladly its in a spot that is barely unnoticeable unless in direct sun light, also its small enough to go unoticed even for me, I have an eye for detail.

So my question is if there are any solutions to removing this small dent? I was thinking of heating the area up with a heat gun and putting on a small but strong enough suction tool. What diy methods do you suggest?

Honda Civic 10th gen How to remove small and subtle dent/ depression on car panel? DE43F294-3207-4E0D-80E9-4BFE54D1EB7F

Honda Civic 10th gen How to remove small and subtle dent/ depression on car panel? 3A807DCA-C496-437A-9E04-49D535E7A63E

Honda Civic 10th gen How to remove small and subtle dent/ depression on car panel? A356C1B7-D366-43B1-9588-03C54F4E7EED

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Find a local PDR guy. A PDR professional should be able to take care of that easily, and it probably won’t be very expensive.

You may could fix it yourself but I’d be worried about it just making it worse.

OP
OP

noelbnetz

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Ex-T Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Find a local PDR guy. A PDR professional should be able to take care of that easily, and it probably won’t be very expensive.

thank you!!!

jessieomc

First Name
Jess
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T Coupe
Country flag
Thats a weird spot for a dent. I have a similar ding on mine up above the rear window. Ive only had my car 3 months. Huge bummer.

Is it just me or does it seem like these cars tend to dent and ding SUPER easy?!?!?

But yeah- I hand washed mine for the first time the other day and couldn't help noticing how flimsy the exterior seems. Everything had some give to it- the bumper, the foglight assemblies, the hood, everything. I seriously felt like I had to watch how much pressure I was putting on it while drying it because I was worried I might dent the hood. I hate to gripe about it because I LOVE my civic, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed with the quality. :(

Good luck on your dent repair!

davidgostbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Ex-t 2016
Country flag

Yes go to a pdr guy, I got my own diy pdr kit like the hot glue gun method. I pulled the dent out too much, now I can’t get the metal perfectly even anymore. I’ve tried tapping down high spots but it’s way too hard, I gave up. Looks so much worse than originally

Spunjer

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Honda civic
Country flag
so last week i found out there was a dent on my hood. might be hail damage from when it was on the dealer's lot.
yesterday i took my car to get nano-coated and ppf applied. i mentioned this to the installer just in case. not a minute later, his son (his helper) found another one. and another. we found 4. he mentioned he knows a pdr guy. works at the local mercedes dealership. can't guarantee he can come over since he's pretty busy. i told him if you can talk to him and fix those dents, i would really appreciate it. he called me early this morning and said his friend will do it. gonna run me about $140- $160. i didn't hesitate and told him to go ahead. he texted me tonite and said it was all done; and also the pdr guy ended up finding a total of 16 freaking dent!

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have dents in the same exact spot,on both side's. I think the stupid squirrel we have sits in the tree and knocks acorns down on my car :(

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I think the stupid squirrel we have sits in the tree and knocks acorns down on my car :(
I hate when that happens.

You know the sheet metal on our hoods is thin when acorns are causing dents.:doh:

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
:bat:
I hate when that happens.

You know the sheet metal on our hoods is thin when acorns are causing dents.:doh:
Well thank God I don't have one on the hood, mine is actually right where the op has his ,but I would think that piece would be stronger than the hood.
Oh geez, now I have to go out and annihilate this little critter before I get a dent in my hood too.
:bat:
Sponsored